Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    If you find dialoguing with me unpleasant, you're not obliged to continue. I don't agree that I have been condescending.

You've appeared to miss the point of me mentioning these positions: they serve to show that one (usually, at least) needn't know the origins of x in order to reject x.

This relates to the above: it is reasonable to suppose, I think, that one (usually, at least) needn't know the origins of x in order to reject x. An antisemite could just as easily say to you that you cannot reject her position until you are fully conversant with the history of antisemitism. Clearly, that is nonsense: as you make clear, Antisemitism can be disparaged and disapproved of without any inquiry into its beginnings. Equally, I dont see why I need to be familiar with Feminisms's origins in order to reject it.

c.f. my exchange with another poster in this thread for why I reject Feminism.

Noted.
    Those things you said aren't a very strong argument for why you don't accept feminism. Because as many as 20% of college women are raped? WHAT? Great argument bro, I await with baited breath your next intellectual revelation.

MBTI
    STUF

If guys could claim rape every time they got drunk and slept with someone I think the percentages would be much more equal.
    Whoops.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Those things you said aren't a very strong argument for why you don't accept feminism. Because as many as 20% of college women are raped? WHAT? Great argument bro, I await with baited breath your next intellectual revelation.
    I did not say that I didn't accept Feminism because 20% of college women are raped. Please read the relevant post again.

Again, I'm not your brother.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Some people do believe that having sex with a very inebriated person, male or female, is unethical. It is a fact that men rape women more than women rape men, and I don't think there's anything wrong with taking steps to prevent that.

On the other hand, I can see rejecting extremist feminism if he believes that things like "rape culture" are exaggerated, but that's not a solid argument for rejecting general feminism in the slightest.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I did not say that I didn't accept Feminism because 20% of college women are raped. Please read the relevant post again.

Again, I'm not your brother.
    I don't think that your argument is in any way a solid argument for rejecting generalized feminism, even if you believe some things are exaggerated by extremist feminists.

You're going to have to do better than that, bro.

Shit damn fuck motherfucker.

MBTI
    INTP

It wasn't a threat, but an explanation of what the consequences of an action will be. It was no more threatening than saying "If you turn that tap on, water will flow out."

I didn't imply that my interlocutor would be upset if she stopped talking to me.
    Get the stick out of your hindquarters. Really. Your life will be so much more rewarding.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

MBTI
    INTP

Some people do believe that having sex with a very inebriated person, male or female, is unethical.
    Aside from the ethical considerations - it also makes for lousy sex. I mean seriously - why would anybody bother? It's profoundly disrespectful, possibly criminal and if you are so undiscriminating about whom and what circumstances you have sex with somebody - what does that say about your taste and degree of desperation?
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

MBTI
    STUF

Women have more rape fantasies than men.
    Whoops.

MBTI
    INTP

I don't think that your argument is in any way a solid argument for rejecting generalized feminism, even if you believe some things are exaggerated by extremist feminists.
    But that's not my position. As I said:

Importantly, I believe that when someone identifies as a Feminist, they in fact assent to generic Feminism so defined.
    In other words, when someone says "I am a Feminist" they most likely mean "I am a generic Feminist", the definition of which has been provided above. Since these "miscellaneous propositions" are typically absurd-some examples were provided above- I am then justified in rejecting Feminism, where "Feminism" is synonymous with "generic Feminism" so defined.

Shit damn fuck motherfucker.
    As promised, our exchange ends here. Feel free to have the last word if you wish.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

But that's not my position. As I said:

In other words, when someone says "I am a Feminist" they most likely mean "I am a generic Feminist", the definition of which has been provided above. Since these "miscellaneous propositions" are typically absurd-some examples were provided above- I am then justified in rejecting Feminism, where "Feminism" is synonymous with "generic Feminism" so defined.

As promised, our exchange ends here. Feel free to have the last word if you wish.
    Rejecting the entirety of feminism over extremist groups is ignorant, and marching into a thread and telling me REPEATEDLY what I ought to do is completely uncouth.

I'm sure you're in denial of this, since you're so convinced you're well-educated and polite.

Have a nice fucking day!~