User Tag List

12311 Last

Thread: Ask God

Default Ask God

We've had "Ask a..." threads for all sorts of religions and for atheists, too. Enough! Let's get down to it and go right to the source. As Jake said in The Blues Brothers, "You see, me and the Lord...we have an understanding". And I'm authorized to bring him questions on your behalf.

So fire away...ask God!
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

God, why are there fat people?
    I am trying to lose weight and it's really hard.
    Are body metabolisms beyond you?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

So which came first, the milkyway, the cosmos or the universe?
    I should lighten up hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    God, why are there fat people?
    I am trying to lose weight and it's really hard.
    Are body metabolisms beyond you?
    Jennifer, your struggle is a common one. But I don't make fat people, I make people. Everyone needs struggle in their life. It builds character and it gives you something to strive for. As they say (actually, I might have said it, I have to check), there is no light without darkness or something like that. I may have given you a poor metabolism but wonderful children. And I may have given your neighbor the ability to eat Taco Bell every day and remain slim, but also given him a child that wants to be a prop comic. But take heart! I believe in you!

Johari
    /Nohari

Unless you know how to channel an entity that is more than likely and never was God even though many prophets seem to be under the impression that who they are channelling is God then you are a poor substitute.
    I am familiar with all of man's languages, but the meaning of your query eludes me. Please rephrase. And please remember that God sees even that which you delete. Both in the forum and in your heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    So which came first, the milkyway, the cosmos or the universe?
    I should lighten up hahaha.
    Well, this one is easy. The Milky Way is a part of the universe, and the cosmos is another name for the universe. So it goes 1. Universe/cosmos, 2. Milky Way. I like the Milky Way. I was trying to figure out what galaxies should look like, and then I spilled my milkshake. Voila! Inspiration comes from everywhere.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Jennifer, your struggle is a common one. But I don't make fat people, I make people. Everyone needs struggle in their life. It builds character and it gives you something to strive for. As they say (actually, I might have said it, I have to check), there is no light without darkness or something like that. I may have given you a poor metabolism but wonderful children. And I may have given your neighbor the ability to eat Taco Bell every day and remain slim, but also given him a child that wants to be a prop comic. But take heart! I believe in you!
    Please... can't I trade in being a dyed-in-the-wool fatty for a prop comic child?

I think you should have an exchange program for gifts. Target has a returns desk; why not Heaven?

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Please... can't I trade in being a dyed-in-the-wool fatty for a prop comic child?

I think you should have an exchange program for gifts. Target has a returns desk; why not Heaven?
    In Heaven as on Earth, it's poor form to exchange a gift unless one has been provided a gift receipt. It is also foolhardy to assume that another's burden is preferable to one's own. Have you ever been to see a prop comic?

Johari
    /Nohari

Banned

Dear God, yes or no?

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Dear God, yes or no?
    Jim, when in doubt - yes. Like anyone, I have regretted that which I have not done more than that which I have done. I really should have gone ahead and given plants eyes. PETA would have no idea what to do with that.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    In Heaven as on Earth, it's poor form to exchange a gift unless one has been provided a gift receipt. It is also foolhardy to assume that another's burden is preferable to one's own. Have you ever been to see a prop comic?
    Well, I do have a gift receipt; but based on where the tag was attached, you might want to be wearing rubber gloves when I bring it in.

EDIT: OH dear, God and IJ, face to face. You would think the universe should have come to an end 1.35 minutes ago or something.