• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ask God

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
God you have still not answered my question.

Why is it that in your big book of bad ideas did you make it a rule to snip our pride off?

I'll let God answer, but I'll let you know that if you're parents were Christian, they were exempt from following that rule, it's only a Jewish thing. So you can go ahead and put it back on if you'd like.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Dear God,

The more I think about the more I'm convinced that humanity, or at least western civilisation, hit the skids with the reformation and its been down hill since, why God? Why?

Lark,

Why? Well, I'm going to answer the question "Why does Lark think so?" Because Lark is Catholic! Frankly, I'm not all that interested in the bickering of various denominations. It bores me to tears. That said, the Reformation led to warrior Jesuits. And those dudes are BAD ASS. If I'm being honest, I think Western civilization is in fact going in the toilet. But that's more a result of views on money than views on religion. Too much is enough, people.

God,

Why did you make all forms of media (music, film, television, etc) better before I was born?

Silently Honest,

First of all, I don't control the quality of creative work. So you're barking up the wrong tree. However, I contend that your premise is incorrect. There is spectacular popular culture in every era. I think what happens is, people only remember the good shit from the past. You are remembering Spider-Man, Led Zeppelin and the Graduate; but you are forgetting Nancy, Starland Vocal Band, and Howard The Duck.

Mole

Permabanned
The Judaic culture of the first century was based on marriage. The whole culture revolved around marriage, yet your son did not marry for 32 years, and in fact, unlike everyone around him, never married. Why is that?

MBTI Type
INTJ
God you have still not answered my question.

Why is it that in your big book of bad ideas did you make it a rule to snip our pride off?

Uwace,

I didn't. If I am allowed to have a complaint, it is that many things are blamed on me which originate with my followers. Sometimes they mean well, sometimes they don't, but many things done in my name are an anathema to me. If you want to bitch about getting snipped, find your nearest rabbi.

MBTI Type
INTJ
The Judaic culture of the first century was based on marriage. The whole culture revolved around marriage, yet your son did not marry for 32 years, and in fact, unlike everyone around him, never married. Why is that?

Victor,

This is a good question. It is widely known that men are often chosen for dangerous military missions because they have no family who depend upon them as a breadwinner. My reasoning is very similar.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Dear God,

Rumor has it you're an asshole. What do you think about that?

Nerd Girl,

Well, lots of people who call me an asshole aren't really well acquainted with me. As you say yourself, "rumor has it." I can see how some depictions of me can lead one to that conclusion, so I don't get all worked up about it. I do wish that the ones who think I'm an asshole would come and have a spiritual beer with me first before reaching that conclusion, though.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Dear God.

Did the gospel of Eve ever exist? Is there a copy of it still in existance? If so, when will the world get to see it?

Also .. Do you have a question to ask us?

Thanks in advance,

Sarah

MBTI Type
INTJ
Dear God.

Did the gospel of Eve ever exist? Is there a copy of it still in existance? If so, when will the world get to see it?

Also .. Do you have a question to ask us?

Thanks in advance,

Sarah

Sarah,

To be totally honest with you, I have no better chance of discerning the legitimacy of sacred writings than a man does. There may have been such a document written, but whether or not it is a work of divine inspiration is a truth that lives only in the heart of the author.

Me? A question for you? ABOUT A MILLION! I'll narrow it down to one though. Why do you hate? Why do you hate each other, and why do you hate me? I can understand when people don't believe I'm real. But I don't know why anyone hates me. I would hope that people could discern between something said in my name by opportunists and charlatans, and by me. I try to help. But humans are human. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest, Sarah.

Are you an Australian?

Victor,

I claim no national identity, for reasons that I should hope are clear. However, as you are a proud Australian, let me assure you that I hold you kangaroo riders in the highest regard.

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
Dear God,
When was the last time you and Lucifer spoke? Was it when you damned him or do you two keep in touch?

Also, why do some people pretend to be you? What do you think of those who consider themselves goldy or pretend to know/be you?

Is the Pope actually your mouth piece?

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Sarah,

To be totally honest with you, I have no better chance of discerning the legitimacy of sacred writings than a man does. There may have been such a document written, but whether or not it is a work of divine inspiration is a truth that lives only in the heart of the author.

Me? A question for you? ABOUT A MILLION! I'll narrow it down to one though. Why do you hate? Why do you hate each other, and why do you hate me? I can understand when people don't believe I'm real. But I don't know why anyone hates me. I would hope that people could discern between something said in my name by opportunists and charlatans, and by me. I try to help. But humans are human. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest, Sarah.

Dear God,

As always thanks for your insight.

Hate .. Such a powerful word that can have such powerful consequences. Personally I have moments of rage but not that of hate. Ultimately we are one and the same, if i were to hate my neighbour i essentially hate myself. I prefer to heal myself then silently hope individuals who have hurt me a wonderful and propserous life. Bitterness does not bode well on the soul and i want a place in heaven. Unfortunately i know not how others tick and maybe at judgement day you can ask them.

Hate god .. Again i can only speak from a personal perspective. When i was young my mother brought me a childs edition of the bible and i read it with curiosity. I don't enjoy people pushing religion on me, like those who knock on my door on a Sunday morning and try to discredit my personal views. I don't think you would of wanted that. You gave us free will and i am appreciative of that and in return i have read about many religions and taken bits from each to come up with a version which i am happy with. I think god is an entity that man (the church) has choosen to represent in a kind of fear mongering manner as people fear what they don't know. I think you, back in the day needed a different PR man/woman.

Does someone need to go to a church/mosque/temple etc in order to feel close to their god? If you are everywhere and in everything, why can't i celebrate you in nature or must i see your limp body on a cross in a building to know i have chosen a life as true and authentic to my being as possible?

Thank you for letting me get that off my chest.

Sarah

Mole

Permabanned
The background microwave radiation reveals that the sum total of all the energy in the universe is zero.

So I can only conclude that you made the universe out of nothing.

But they keep telling us that you can't make something out of nothing.

So are they wrong or is the background microwave radiation wrong?

A

Anew Leaf

Dear God,

Are black holes your way of having a garbage disposal? What animal species gave you the most satisfaction for serendipitous design?

Harry Chapin, Bob Dylan, or the Beatles?

~someone who is here for but a moment and then the next

MBTI Type
INTJ
Dear God,
When was the last time you and Lucifer spoke? Was it when you damned him or do you two keep in touch?

amerellis,

We haven't spoken since that day. When we need to do things like prisoner exchanges or if my shower is leaking into his living room, I let Moses handle that shit.

Also, why do some people pretend to be you? What do you think of those who consider themselves goldy or pretend to know/be you?

Is the Pope actually your mouth piece?

Hmm, I guess people who pretend to be me have some mental problems. I don't know what you mean by "goldy", but really have no patience for those who say and do awful things in my name. I can't imagine a bigger sin than that. It's like gambling in baseball...one of the really, really bad sins. The Pope is not my mouthpiece per se. The infallibility of the Pope is one of the things religion got wrong. That said, he's usually a good dude and worthy of leading.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Does someone need to go to a church/mosque/temple etc in order to feel close to their god? If you are everywhere and in everything, why can't i celebrate you in nature or must i see your limp body on a cross in a building to know i have chosen a life as true and authentic to my being as possible?

Sarah,

As always, thank you for your kind words. It does a God good!

Church! I'm surprised no one has brought this up yet. In general, I am down with church. It's a chance to gather with the community and celebrate, and faith is strengthened by numbers. But no one is going to be banished to hell for missing Sunday Mass. If you truly want to hang out in the woods by a stream because you feel closer to me there, then by all means do so. The only thing that would bother me is if people started doing that just to get out of church and didn't really feel me. That's pretty lowdown.

Mole

Permabanned
The background microwave radiation reveals that the sum total of all the energy in the universe is zero.

Will you answer my question above?

MBTI Type
INTJ

Victor,

Nobody is wrong. You can't make something out of nothing, but I have always been around. So something has been present. Visible matter and dark matter are like yin and yang, and as always, balance is a lesson for all.