Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

God,

Why?

(And please don't say "because.")
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

God.. You have a sick sense of humor you know that. Seriously what is this?

WHAT IS THIS!?

God: "Your... penis?"
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Dear God,

Why do you never, ever answer me when I ask serious questions about the meaning of life and ask you to justify your mysterious ways, like when you ignored my earlier question?

This is frankly typical behaviour on your part and just underlines the point I was making earlier. It's like you purposefully ignore my attempts at initiating communication so you have an excuse to punish me for not believing in you. That just seems like a rationalisation for being sadistic. What sort of god portrays themselves as all-loving and benevolent and makes circular excuses to justify their own cruelty so as not to contradict that impression? Is that what you meant when you said we were created in your image?
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    Dear God,

Why do you never, ever answer me when I ask serious questions about the meaning of life and ask you to justify your mysterious ways, like when you ignored my earlier question?

This is frankly typical behaviour on your part and just underlines the point I was making earlier. It's like you purposefully ignore my attempts at initiating communication so you have an excuse to punish me for not believing in you. That just seems like a rationalisation for being sadistic. What sort of god portrays themselves as all-loving and benevolent and makes circular excuses to justify their own cruelty so as not to contradict that impression? Is that what you meant when you said we were created in your image?
    Unanswered prayers are themselves answers.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Dear God,

Can you bring something into being so heavy that it's bigger than yo mama? Hah, burn!

Self Talk and the Voice of God

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I think I heard somewhere that prayer was talking to God and meditation was listening.
    It's true, meditation is listening. We listen and listen and listen until we hear our own self talk. And then we listen and listen and listen to our own self talk until we get too tired to listen, and then, all of a sudden, the self talk stops and there we are, wide awake and no self talk.

We all know that poets create God, prophets abuse God and priests bother God to death. Prophets, though, in particular, mistake their own self talk for the voice of God.

A window to the soul

God,

Why do I only get 100 years to live? I want more time.

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    Dear God,

Why do you not provide Unbelievers with irrefutable proof of your presence, so that they have a reason to believe?
    Ragshree,

What fun would that be? It would be like betting on a sporting event when you already know the outcome.

It seems that you have some nasty punishment lined up in the afterlife for the sin of willful non-belief, which makes you appear like you are just toying with them when you created them with minds that require compelling concrete evidence in order to believe something, and then do not provide them with that evidence so that they at least have the option. To them, unbelief seems like the only rational option as they have never seen anything that could convince them of your existence.

Of course we could say that this is because their mental horizons do not allow them to consider less concrete forms of evidence, but then why did you create them with such minds in the first place? Were you just being vindictive towards your own creations or did you have a purpose?
    I don't have any sort of nasty punishment waiting for them. You are talking about some other god, or you're listening to the wrong people. That said, I created everyone with free will and a brain so that they may decide for themselves what is true. But I didn't put a "won't believe in me" chip into anyone's head. As you imply, that would be profoundly unfair. Instead of blaming me for gaming your brain, I urge you to examine your definition of the word "rational". I made you guys smart, but not nearly as smart as you seem to think you are sometimes.

Dear God,

Ragshree,
    Don't fret. I didn't ignore your question, I just can't answer them all at once. God has a job too, you know!
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Dear God (and Saturned),

So these guys are wrong?

Chicken Came First
    PeaceBaby,

I'm afraid they are. Good men, but wrong. You see, that particular protein was also produced in the chicken's most immediate antecedent. But more to the point, I came before researchers.

Also God, why do the majority of male INTJ's think they are omniscient?

Thanks,
    PB
    Because I needed to give everyone a flaw.

Johari
    /Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    God,

Why?

(And please don't say "because.")
    Jennifer,

Have you ever seen the color of the ocean in Hawaii? Have you ever listened to a baby laugh? Have you ever had the margherita pizza at Pizzeria Bianco in Phoenix? That's why.

Except for the baby part.

Johari
    /Nohari