User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Thread: Ask God

MBTI
    ----

sorry, i need my armpits and other stuff.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    Dear god,
    what do you think of fan fiction (e.g. Bible)?

I'm sorry, Ginkgo, but only one answer per question. I'm God, for crying out loud. I don't change my answer
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

dear god,

where does one find this "faith" of which you speak (meaning, probably, not the george michael version!)? why do some people beleive things so easily and others find it impossible because doubt is the natural mindset?

why do some people have so many inherent flaws and others seem impervious to them?

why do people use your name to destroy others? what purpose does guilt have?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

God,
    Don't you think humans are screwing up the planet? Isn't it time for you to create something new? When will you send another asteroid?
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    dear god,

where does one find this "faith" of which you speak (meaning, probably, not the george michael version!)? why do some people beleive things so easily and others find it impossible because doubt is the natural mindset?
    whatever,

Some people find faith through seeing my influence and blessings in the lives of those around them. Some find it by a personal epiphany. Some accept it blindly, which despite the teachings of many of my "followers", is not a path I'm particularly enthralled with. On the other hand, some fail to have faith because they find it at odds with observable fact. This has always perplexed me, and I MADE you guys.

why do some people have so many inherent flaws and others seem impervious to them?
    I would suggest that not all flaws are apparent at first glance. Remember how cool everyone thought O.J. Simpson, Tiger Woods, and Lance Armstrong were?

why do people use your name to destroy others? what purpose does guilt have?
    Some people use my name to destroy others because they have chosen to be evil. It's the down side of giving people free will. It sucks. I hate seeing some of you guys bend over others of you. But there's really no way around it.

As for guilt, it serves to help people do better the next time. What kind of world would there be without remorse? God knows I love you all, but I don't buy into the whole everyone-needs-lots-of-self-esteem thing. A little shame is good if you've done something shameful. I promise to stop referring to myself in the third person now

Johari
    /Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    God,
    Don't you think humans are screwing up the planet? Isn't it time for you to create something new? When will you send another asteroid?
    Rasofy,

I definitely think humans are screwing up the planet. But I don't want to create something new. I want you guys to GET it. I made you in my image and I love you. The world is full of wonders that please me, but you guys are the olive in my martini. Without you it just doesn't work for me. I can't help but keep giving you chances, because my fervent hope is that you reach the potential I gave you.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENTp

Why do you not exist?
    I have a (new) blog here.

You should do these: JohariNohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I feel enlightened already!
    God,
    Why did you create INTJs? I mean, they are a bunch of smartasses.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
    Why do you not exist?
    It's quite the paradox to ask a being why he doesn't exist. I don't know what to tell you. In the meantime, mingle and have some ambrosia. I made it myself!

Johari
    /Nohari