MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w5
    Socionics
    INFx

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Dear Chimerical,

All but my most ardent and misguided followers understand that the Old Testament is largely allegory. In fact, I think any religion that places its bets on a literal interpretation of the Bible is asking for trouble, as anyone who has played the telephone game knows. Do not assume that I am the sum of all my followers' beliefs.
    wow.
    So, what's mass murder an allegory to again?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Chimerical View Post
    wow.
    So, what's mass murder an allegory to again?
    You already bid you good day! Jeez, listen. . .

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w5
    Socionics
    INFx

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    You already bid you good day! Jeez, listen. . .
    What????
    That doesn't make grammatical sense.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

What????
    That doesn't make grammatical sense.
    He/you...How do you expect to fathom the mysteries of God is you can't decode a 2 letter typo?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w5
    Socionics
    INFx

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    He/you...How do you expect to fathom the mysteries of God is you can't decode a 2 letter typo?
    Ah, more of those superficial insults about benign things like typos.
    Learn how to type asshole and maybe people will understand you better.

god [spelled with a lowercase intentionally] is a piece of shit imaginary friend to many people.
    Now, you're initial comment was that I was "bid a goodday" and that I should listen.
    Accepting what ones been told and not digging to the root of things isn't how I do things.

The poster who's pretending to be god is avoiding questions or skewing them and distorting them in his replies. The sort of thing a politician does. I feel it's rather underhanded and dishonest the way it's done. To always change everything so it fits your cause.

if god were real, which it he isn't, he's a mass murdering piece of shit that I'd never praise nor respect.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

god [spelled with a lowercase intentionally] is a piece of shit imaginary friend to many people.
    Now, you're initial comment was that I was "bid a goodday" and that I should listen.
    Accepting what ones been told and not digging to the root of things isn't how I do things.

The poster who's pretending to be god is avoiding questions or skewing them and distorting them in his replies. The sort of thing a politician does. I feel it's rather underhanded and dishonest the way it's done. To always change everything so it fits your cause.

if god were real, which it he isn't, he's a mass murdering piece of shit that I'd never praise nor respect.
    Wow, you figured that out all by yourself? It takes a real stroke of genius to arrive at those deep conclusions. You're right, Chimerical. Fuck god, with his capital Gs. What kind of noun does he think he is?

P.S. I already know how to type asshole. C-H-I-M-E-R-I-C-A-L. See?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Your post sounds like it comes from a very angry and frustrated person.

So I ask, why do you feel that if there was a god, it'd care for your praise and respect?
    Why do you hate the notion so much, from your own personal experience? And don't give me any of that regurgitated crap I hear from every other person who feels the same as you do.
    Give something with more substance beyond "God just sucks, it doesn't exist, but I'm going to keep talking shit about it like it exists anyway! I'm totally logical because I believe that god is make believe DERP."

dear God

And also, how do you feel about Stephen Hawking, who sticks a finger up at you for saying you don't exist. He is one of the greatest minds on this planet, is it just pure hubris?
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w5
    Socionics
    INFx

Quote Originally Posted by Joehobo View Post
    Your post sounds like it comes from a very angry and frustrated person.

So I ask, why do you feel that if there was a god, it'd care for your praise and respect?
    Did I say that he'd care for my praise?
    Or did you just make that up?

Quote Originally Posted by yenom View Post
    dear God

Dear yenom,

While superficially amusing, that particular meme glosses over a significant difference in context between the two situations. An unborn child is an innocent with no control over his destiny. Jesus willingly sacrificed his life. That's why he rocks. If I made him do it, is it really worth anything?

And also, how do you feel about Stephen Hawking, who sticks a finger up at you for saying you don't exist. He is one of the greatest minds on this planet, is it just pure hubris?
    I love me some Stephen Hawking. I'm a big fan. He sees the beauty in my creation that many people who believe in me do not. He understands me better than a lot of people, even if he doesn't think I'm real. I think he's making a mistake, because I don't find my existence at odds with science. But think about this. If someone loses themselves in the works of Shakespeare and dedicates their life to the teaching and appreciation of his works, but doesn't believe there was a real Shakespeare, do you think Shakespeare is less flattered? I think he'd feel pretty warm and fuzzy.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari