User Tag List

First 12202122232432 Last

Thread: Ask God

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Dear God.

Did the gospel of Eve ever exist? Is there a copy of it still in existance? If so, when will the world get to see it?

Also .. Do you have a question to ask us?

Thanks in advance,

Sarah
    Sarah,

To be totally honest with you, I have no better chance of discerning the legitimacy of sacred writings than a man does. There may have been such a document written, but whether or not it is a work of divine inspiration is a truth that lives only in the heart of the author.

Me? A question for you? ABOUT A MILLION! I'll narrow it down to one though. Why do you hate? Why do you hate each other, and why do you hate me? I can understand when people don't believe I'm real. But I don't know why anyone hates me. I would hope that people could discern between something said in my name by opportunists and charlatans, and by me. I try to help. But humans are human. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest, Sarah.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Are you an Australian?
    Victor,

I claim no national identity, for reasons that I should hope are clear. However, as you are a proud Australian, let me assure you that I hold you kangaroo riders in the highest regard.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/9
    Socionics
    ???

Dear God,
    When was the last time you and Lucifer spoke? Was it when you damned him or do you two keep in touch?

Also, why do some people pretend to be you? What do you think of those who consider themselves goldy or pretend to know/be you?

Is the Pope actually your mouth piece?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Sarah,

To be totally honest with you, I have no better chance of discerning the legitimacy of sacred writings than a man does. There may have been such a document written, but whether or not it is a work of divine inspiration is a truth that lives only in the heart of the author.

Me? A question for you? ABOUT A MILLION! I'll narrow it down to one though. Why do you hate? Why do you hate each other, and why do you hate me? I can understand when people don't believe I'm real. But I don't know why anyone hates me. I would hope that people could discern between something said in my name by opportunists and charlatans, and by me. I try to help. But humans are human. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest, Sarah.

Dear God,

As always thanks for your insight.

Hate .. Such a powerful word that can have such powerful consequences. Personally I have moments of rage but not that of hate. Ultimately we are one and the same, if i were to hate my neighbour i essentially hate myself. I prefer to heal myself then silently hope individuals who have hurt me a wonderful and propserous life. Bitterness does not bode well on the soul and i want a place in heaven. Unfortunately i know not how others tick and maybe at judgement day you can ask them.

Hate god .. Again i can only speak from a personal perspective. When i was young my mother brought me a childs edition of the bible and i read it with curiosity. I don't enjoy people pushing religion on me, like those who knock on my door on a Sunday morning and try to discredit my personal views. I don't think you would of wanted that. You gave us free will and i am appreciative of that and in return i have read about many religions and taken bits from each to come up with a version which i am happy with. I think god is an entity that man (the church) has choosen to represent in a kind of fear mongering manner as people fear what they don't know. I think you, back in the day needed a different PR man/woman.

Does someone need to go to a church/mosque/temple etc in order to feel close to their god? If you are everywhere and in everything, why can't i celebrate you in nature or must i see your limp body on a cross in a building to know i have chosen a life as true and authentic to my being as possible?

Thank you for letting me get that off my chest.

Sarah
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

The background microwave radiation reveals that the sum total of all the energy in the universe is zero.

So I can only conclude that you made the universe out of nothing.

But they keep telling us that you can't make something out of nothing.

So are they wrong or is the background microwave radiation wrong?

Anew Leaf

Dear God,

Are black holes your way of having a garbage disposal? What animal species gave you the most satisfaction for serendipitous design?

Harry Chapin, Bob Dylan, or the Beatles?

~someone who is here for but a moment and then the next

Quote Originally Posted by amerellis View Post
    Dear God,
    When was the last time you and Lucifer spoke? Was it when you damned him or do you two keep in touch?
    amerellis,

We haven't spoken since that day. When we need to do things like prisoner exchanges or if my shower is leaking into his living room, I let Moses handle that shit.

Also, why do some people pretend to be you? What do you think of those who consider themselves goldy or pretend to know/be you?

Is the Pope actually your mouth piece?
    Hmm, I guess people who pretend to be me have some mental problems. I don't know what you mean by "goldy", but really have no patience for those who say and do awful things in my name. I can't imagine a bigger sin than that. It's like gambling in baseball...one of the really, really bad sins. The Pope is not my mouthpiece per se. The infallibility of the Pope is one of the things religion got wrong. That said, he's usually a good dude and worthy of leading.

Johari
    /Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Does someone need to go to a church/mosque/temple etc in order to feel close to their god? If you are everywhere and in everything, why can't i celebrate you in nature or must i see your limp body on a cross in a building to know i have chosen a life as true and authentic to my being as possible?
    Sarah,

As always, thank you for your kind words. It does a God good!

Church! I'm surprised no one has brought this up yet. In general, I am down with church. It's a chance to gather with the community and celebrate, and faith is strengthened by numbers. But no one is going to be banished to hell for missing Sunday Mass. If you truly want to hang out in the woods by a stream because you feel closer to me there, then by all means do so. The only thing that would bother me is if people started doing that just to get out of church and didn't really feel me. That's pretty lowdown.

Johari
    /Nohari

The background microwave radiation reveals that the sum total of all the energy in the universe is zero.

Will you answer my question above?

Victor,

Nobody is wrong. You can't make something out of nothing, but I have always been around. So something has been present. Visible matter and dark matter are like yin and yang, and as always, balance is a lesson for all.

Johari
    /Nohari

Will you answer my question above?
    Patience is a virtue. Even God needs a minute or two.

Johari
    /Nohari