Thread: Ask God

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    correlation does not prove causation.
    But it usually makes a pretty damn good case.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Uwace View Post
    God you have still not answered my question.

Why is it that in your big book of bad ideas did you make it a rule to snip our pride off?
    I'll let God answer, but I'll let you know that if you're parents were Christian, they were exempt from following that rule, it's only a Jewish thing. So you can go ahead and put it back on if you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Dear God,

The more I think about the more I'm convinced that humanity, or at least western civilisation, hit the skids with the reformation and its been down hill since, why God? Why?
    Lark,

Why? Well, I'm going to answer the question "Why does Lark think so?" Because Lark is Catholic! Frankly, I'm not all that interested in the bickering of various denominations. It bores me to tears. That said, the Reformation led to warrior Jesuits. And those dudes are BAD ASS. If I'm being honest, I think Western civilization is in fact going in the toilet. But that's more a result of views on money than views on religion. Too much is enough, people.

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    God,

Why did you make all forms of media (music, film, television, etc) better before I was born?
    Silently Honest,

First of all, I don't control the quality of creative work. So you're barking up the wrong tree. However, I contend that your premise is incorrect. There is spectacular popular culture in every era. I think what happens is, people only remember the good shit from the past. You are remembering Spider-Man, Led Zeppelin and the Graduate; but you are forgetting Nancy, Starland Vocal Band, and Howard The Duck.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

The Judaic culture of the first century was based on marriage. The whole culture revolved around marriage, yet your son did not marry for 32 years, and in fact, unlike everyone around him, never married. Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Uwace View Post
    God you have still not answered my question.

Why is it that in your big book of bad ideas did you make it a rule to snip our pride off?
    Uwace,

I didn't. If I am allowed to have a complaint, it is that many things are blamed on me which originate with my followers. Sometimes they mean well, sometimes they don't, but many things done in my name are an anathema to me. If you want to bitch about getting snipped, find your nearest rabbi.

Johari
    /Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The Judaic culture of the first century was based on marriage. The whole culture revolved around marriage, yet your son did not marry for 32 years, and in fact, unlike everyone around him, never married. Why is that?
    Victor,

This is a good question. It is widely known that men are often chosen for dangerous military missions because they have no family who depend upon them as a breadwinner. My reasoning is very similar.

Johari
    /Nohari

A window to the soul

Dear God,

Rumor has it you're an asshole. What do you think about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Dear God,

Rumor has it you're an asshole. What do you think about that?
    Nerd Girl,

Well, lots of people who call me an asshole aren't really well acquainted with me. As you say yourself, "rumor has it." I can see how some depictions of me can lead one to that conclusion, so I don't get all worked up about it. I do wish that the ones who think I'm an asshole would come and have a spiritual beer with me first before reaching that conclusion, though.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ESFJ

Dear God.

Did the gospel of Eve ever exist? Is there a copy of it still in existance? If so, when will the world get to see it?

Also .. Do you have a question to ask us?

Thanks in advance,

Sarah
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Are you an Australian?