User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Thread: Ask God

MBTI
    FREE

God, is there a true religion? Why have I not been blessed with the volition to believe in you? Will I suffer after I die because I am this way?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    God, is there a true religion? Why have I not been blessed with the volition to believe in you? Will I suffer after I die because I am this way?
    Ah, Jonnyboy, I was waiting for this one! I really hate to give a rainbows and unicorns hippie answer, but there is no way around it - all religions are true religions if they are based on love, compassion, and the recognition of a benevolent higher power (that's me). One can also find me with no religion at all. I care about what's in your heart, not what team you play for. That said, pay no mind to people who pervert religion, because they do not have the power to sully its beauty.

Everyone has been blessed with the ability to believe in me, but admittedly, it's a tougher go for some people. Some can't see me because of intellectual vanity, or jerks who pretend to speak for me, or just plain honest struggle. In the end, it requires faith. The answer is that simple and that complicated at the same time.

I really can't tell you specifically what will happen after you die. I want you to find me on your own terms, not because you're afraid of what might happen to you. I love those that struggle to find me, because they sweated for it.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Dear god,

Since you are such an absent parent, I know you won't answer this, but here goes anyway.

Why do viruses exist? Are you trying to be funny? What about AIDS? People think it's a punishment because you never come here and tell us anything, so it seems logical to conclude that you actually hate us.
    So you never come around ,and you punish us for not being good enough, or making minor mistakes...
    Sounds a lot like child abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Dear god,

Since you are such an absent parent, I know you won't answer this, but here goes anyway.

Why do viruses exist? Are you trying to be funny? What about AIDS? People think it's a punishment because you never come here and tell us anything, so it seems logical to conclude that you actually hate us.
    So you never come around ,and you punish us for not being good enough, or making minor mistakes...
    Sounds a lot like child abuse.
    Nebbykoo, I am always there if you really need me. Haven't you ever read that stupid "Footprints" poem that seems to be on the wall in every doctor's office?

You're basically asking "Why do bad things happen to good people?", which is definitely the #1 complaint I receive. (#2 is "Why did you make Bobby ask Heather to the dance? It's the ONLY thing I asked you for!!) Let me break it down to you this way. I don't make things happen, I let things happen. I'm not a micromanager. If I never let anything bad happen to you, you'd never learn anything. Would you call it child abuse to let your kid do something you know will turn out badly because that's how he'll gain wisdom? Besides, don't think of me as your parent. I'm like the cool uncle that lets you have ice cream for dinner when I babysit.

Finally, when have I punished you for making a minor mistake or for not being good enough? Some guy with a robe might have told you that I will punish you, but think about it. Can you think of even one instance where this actually happened? I think you're ALL good enough.

Johari
    /Nohari

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    EDIT: OH dear, God and IJ, face to face. You would think the universe should have come to an end 1.35 minutes ago or something.
    Ni dominants feel no fear when facing god, facing doom or even facing death. We have thought these through beforehand and thoroughly so too.

Why do you think we are so annoyingly staunch and ambivalent?

Dear God,

Thank you for agreeing with me. This has brought me yet more inner calm. Is it sometimes appropriate to say no?

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Dear God,

Thank you for agreeing with me. This has brought me yet more inner calm. Is it sometimes appropriate to say no?
    Jim, I am glad to have helped. It is appropriate to say no when your date, who has ordered only a salad despite being encouraged to get whatever she wants, asks if she can have some of your french fries.

Johari
    /Nohari

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Jim, I am glad to have helped. It is appropriate to say no when your date, who has ordered only a salad despite being encouraged to get whatever she wants, asks if she can have some of your french fries.
    God,

This is an interesting observation. My real dilemma however is dessert. What do you do when your date/partner after you insisting they also order dessert does not and then begs to have 'some' of your dessert?

Dear God,

Get a new avatar. It's red.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Dear God,

Get a new avatar. It's red.
    Dear God,

Don't listen to him. That avatar's awesome.

Dear God,

Don't listen to Ginkgos who consume too much lemonade. Lol.