User Tag List

First 5131415161725 Last

Thread: Ask God

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I'm perhaps not understanding the nature of this thread, is this your blog or are you standing in for God? I wouldnt, as you say, "edit" a prayer, its one of the few times you dont need to.

People have complained about the length of my posts before, it's something I dont understand because whether you read them or not is down to you.

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Lark,

tl;dr

Haha, I'm just screwing with you. But seriously, from now on, don't be afraid to edit. I get lots of questions. Thanks for the kind words, I don't get too many of those unless someone wants a pony [not naming any names]. Your request is a thorny one. I don't really interfere in the affairs of men's hearts. It's not my place. All I can do is to say that this too shall pass. This young woman appears to have left these feelings behind, and you will too. It's always hard to be the one that holds onto the feelings the longest, but take heart - it's a sign of the depth and quantity of love you are capable of giving!

MBTI
    ENTP

Dear God,
    what's in the middle of a black hole? And you know I don't want a fuzzy description. I want to know how the laws of nature work for what we call the singularity, for that quantummechanically small and general-relativistically heavy point. Give me the formulas. And I don't want any of that crap of "you puny human brain can't grasp that".
    Oh, and I'll check them. If they don't consistently combine quantum mechanics and general relativity, I still won't believe in you.

(and if they DO consistently combine QM and GR, EffEmDoubleyou, don't send them to me. Send them to a scientific magazine and take the Nobel Prize for yourself)
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Dear God,

Being capable of seeing all, thinking all and feeling all, do you ever feel like giving up your day job? or maybe just taking a vacation? What is the hardest part of your job? Is there a Mrs God? Do you ever perv on people while they shower? (Will i go to hell for asking that?)

Lastly ... Is there a animal heaven?

Thank you <3
    Saslou,

I don't ever feel like giving up my day job. What could I do that would be more fulfilling? The only thing I wonder about is living in the woods and chopping wood for a living. It seems kind of beautiful and serene. It's why I made trees not feel pain. The hardest part of my job is seeing people in pain. Pain is a part of the world, and it is unavoidable. But that doesn't mean that it doesn't upset me or that I'm insulated against it. Mrs. God? Well, I had a thing with Mary Magdalene, but she's the kind of chick you date but don't marry if you know what I mean. I work too much for most women. I don't perv on people in the shower. Much.

As for animal heaven, that is the toughest question anyone has asked me. It pains me to answer it. But the answer is no. Humans aren't much more intelligent and thoughtful than other animals by accident. Only humans are gifted with brains complex enough to ponder their own sentience and mortality, and to exercise informed and reasoned free will. And so only they can earn a soul. I hope that I've not upset you. Pets are wonderful companions and a source of much joy. But they aren't eternal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Dear God,

Thank you for creating me. Thank you for creating everything. Thank you for clearing out my resentment, my melancholy, and my general spiritual constipation. You are the Drain-O to my metaphysical piping. I'm looking forward to our relationship growing and taking new turns.

Ginkgo
    Wow, not even a question! Just a thank you! Rock on, Gingko.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I'm perhaps not understanding the nature of this thread, is this your blog or are you standing in for God? I wouldnt, as you say, "edit" a prayer, its one of the few times you dont need to.

People have complained about the length of my posts before, it's something I dont understand because whether you read them or not is down to you.
    Lark,

Humor is one of my favorite creations. Don't be afraid to indulge in it!

Johari
    /Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Dear God,
    what's in the middle of a black hole? And you know I don't want a fuzzy description. I want to know how the laws of nature work for what we call the singularity, for that quantummechanically small and general-relativistically heavy point. Give me the formulas. And I don't want any of that crap of "you puny human brain can't grasp that".
    Oh, and I'll check them. If they don't consistently combine quantum mechanics and general relativity, I still won't believe in you.
    Tamske,

Johari
    /Nohari

Dear God,

Do you have a gender? If not, why are you often referred to in the masculine? (As you already know, I am a writer and need clarification for editorial purposes.)

<3
    An English Geek
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Dear God,

Do you have a gender? If not, why are you often referred to in the masculine? (As you already know, I am a writer and need clarification for editorial purposes.)

<3
    An English Geek
    iwakar,

I was going to answer by referring to my post above where I admitted to a fling with Mary Magdalene. But tapping that was no indication of gender, let me tell you. I suppose I was given the male gender because in Old Testament days it was just assumed that anyone with power was a man. Later on, I had a son that was also me, so I reckon that's pretty good evidence for declaring me a dude. But honestly, I'm a nurturer too. I don't claim a gender. Too much baggage. Keep writing!

Johari
    /Nohari

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Lark,

Humor is one of my favorite creations. Don't be afraid to indulge in it!
    I dont want to be the butt of anyones jokes, I'm sure you dont either. Or maybe you would see it as simply an exercise in humour. Anyway.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Saslou,

I don't ever feel like giving up my day job. What could I do that would be more fulfilling? The only thing I wonder about is living in the woods and chopping wood for a living. It seems kind of beautiful and serene. It's why I made trees not feel pain. The hardest part of my job is seeing people in pain. Pain is a part of the world, and it is unavoidable. But that doesn't mean that it doesn't upset me or that I'm insulated against it. Mrs. God? Well, I had a thing with Mary Magdalene, but she's the kind of chick you date but don't marry if you know what I mean. I work too much for most women. I don't perv on people in the shower. Much.

As for animal heaven, that is the toughest question anyone has asked me. It pains me to answer it. But the answer is no. Humans aren't much more intelligent and thoughtful than other animals by accident. Only humans are gifted with brains complex enough to ponder their own sentience and mortality, and to exercise informed and reasoned free will. And so only they can earn a soul. I hope that I've not upset you. Pets are wonderful companions and a source of much joy. But they aren't eternal.
    Dear God,

Living in the woods and chopping sounds fun for all of 5 mins, good luck with that

The idea of no animal heaven does bring me pain .. I thought god loved all things, and animals being no exception. Do you not have any extra space in heaven for them? Can you please change your mind?

Lastly, what do our souls look like when we are in heaven? Are we like orbs? Also, when reincarnated (if that exists) do we meet with people who we've expereinced previous lives with as i swear someone i knew was my child in a past life.

This really is the last question .. As you know everything, will i ever win the lottery and i don't just mean £10, more like half a million so i can really help others?

For all your hard work, i think you deserve a drink
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

figsfiggyfigs

Dear God,

Why are oranges round? :c