User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

Thread: Ask God

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    Dear God,

It seems you are very familiar with the proclivities of the INTJs you created.

If you hadn't taken on the position of Supreme Creator and Ruler of the Universe, what would you have liked to do instead?
    Ragashree,

Thank you for asking about me. Nobody really does that. It's all about them. Their job, their love life, their money, their family...nobody just takes a minute to ask how I am. I appreciate it.

As for what I'd do if I chose not to be the creator (no need to capitalize, I'm a chill deity), I really couldn't do anything. I created the universe because it's the only thing I could do. I suppose I could have created a different kind of universe, but I had to create something, or I'd just be like that damn Star Child at the end of 2001: A Space Odyssey - chilling alone in space. Not cool. I'm much happier to have created lemon trees and the color red and Motley Crue.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Dear God,

You skipped my post, omniscient my ass.

wolfy
    Wolfy,

God does not skip. He waits.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Anew Leaf

Dear God,

Did you make me only to serve as a warning to others? Or is there some other magical purpose that has not yet unfolded before me?

~speck of star dust in girl form

P.S. I REALLY want a pony. Or a shark. :c Why did you make me love ponies and sharks if I can't be with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Dear God,

Did you make me only to serve as a warning to others? Or is there some other magical purpose that has not yet unfolded before me?

~speck of star dust in girl form
    Saturned,

I would never create anyone to serve only as a warning. You can be so much more than that! Why, in this forum alone you are a counselor of dubious consummate skill. Besides, it would be a waste to make you serve as a warning. If I've learned one thing in 10,000 years* of being God, it's that people don't fucking listen.

P.S. I REALLY want a pony. Or a shark. :c Why did you make me love ponies and sharks if I can't be with them?
    I don't make anyone love ponies. I find them cloying and banal. As for sharks, you can be with them all you want! You just probably won't be with them for very long.

* Hahaha. I kid.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ESFJ

Dear God.

I am sleep deprived (only had 7 hours last night) so my mind is wandering. Can you please answer the following questions?

Why did the big bang happen at the precise moment it did? Why not a billion years earlier if things were floating and bumping into each other? Also if something reacted thus the bang happened, did it only happen in one place or was it more like lots of fireworks going off simultaneously? And lastly, my latest theory .. If the universe is expanding could it be the black holes are in place to stabilise the expansion?

I know i could ask questions about me but i feel insignificant relative to the universe. OK then just 1 question, will it get easier?

Thank you for your time,
    Kind regards

Sas-Lou
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Dear God.

I am sleep deprived (only had 7 hours last night) so my mind is wandering. Can you please answer the following questions?

Why did the big bang happen at the precise moment it did? Why not a billion years earlier if things were floating and bumping into each other?
    Saslou,

It happened when it did because that's when I was ready. There is a lot of prep work involved in creating a universe - it doesn't happen overnight. First I have to create the elements, then I have to set up an entire system of physical laws. And don't even get me started on trying to oversee a project of this scope with union labor.

Also if something reacted thus the bang happened, did it only happen in one place or was it more like lots of fireworks going off simultaneously?
    The Big Bang happened because I lit the fuse. There was no way I was going to set up the whole thing and then just wait for it to react. I totally pushed the plunger on that SOB. So yes, it happened in only one place. It's kind of elegant that way.

And lastly, my latest theory .. If the universe is expanding could it be the black holes are in place to stabilise the expansion?
    I'll be honest here...black holes are bugs in the system. If you think a laptop is complicated, try a universe. I'm still working the kinks out. In the meantime, steer clear. I'll try to get some orange cones up around them.

I know i could ask questions about me but i feel insignificant relative to the universe. OK then just 1 question, will it get easier?
    You know, Sas, it may or may not get easier in an objective sense. That's really not what I control. But it will get easier for you if you rely on those around you to help you and keep your spirits up and bring joy to your life. And that includes me!
    Last edited by EffEmDoubleyou; 08-11-2011 at 05:53 PM.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    This thread nearly restored my faith in God!
    That's what he said!

Anew Leaf

Dear God,

What happens when we die? I would REALLY like to explore the universe and learn stuff that I didn't get a chance to learn while on Earth. Is this possible? Or am I going to be stuck wearing wings (!!), a toga (), and halo (!!!!!!!) while playing a harp (you made me tone deaf btw)?

Thanks!

~A galaxy of organic elements coalescing into something before dissolving into something else entirely.

P.S. you totally love ponies yourself. Not even you can resist the allure of big eyes and shiny hooves and a fluffy mane! There is no other reason to ponies other than to love!
    P.P.S. I would also accept a whale shark (who will not eat me) as a pet any day.

Ginkgo

Dear God,

Am I the Chosen One?

ReflecTcelfeR

God,

What are you made out of? Do you have a God? Is he your father? Are we like grand children to the nth degree? Can you die? If you die what happens to us?

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Dear God,

What happens when we die? I would REALLY like to explore the universe and learn stuff that I didn't get a chance to learn while on Earth. Is this possible? Or am I going to be stuck wearing wings (!!), a toga (), and halo (!!!!!!!) while playing a harp (you made me tone deaf btw)?
    Saturned,

You can't expect me to give away my biggest secret! It's like asking someone to enjoy and invest themselves in Citizen Kane after you tell them what "Rosebud" means! That said, I'll give you the classic politician non-answer answer. All is possible with me. By the way, togas are given out on a case-by-case basis, if you know what I mean. It's everyone else's heaven, too.

Thanks!

~A galaxy of organic elements coalescing into something before dissolving into something else entirely.
    Stop summing up life better than I can. I don't think I have to tell you that it doesn't end well for people who cross me.

Hah! I had you there for a minute! I'm not that kind of God.

P.S. you totally love ponies yourself. Not even you can resist the allure of big eyes and shiny hooves and a fluffy mane! There is no other reason to ponies other than to love!
    P.P.S. I would also accept a whale shark (who will not eat me) as a pet any day.
    I understand that you love ponies, but not everyone does. If you want to know the truth, I created ponies on a dare to create a pointless animal. They're like horses, but too small to be of any use. They wind up in undignified petting zoos until they're not cute anymore, then God only knows what happens to them. Kind of like former members of Menudo.

If you want a whale shark, you've come to the wrong department. I get so many prayers and requests that I can't handle them all. I take the important ones, but I hired a guy to handle of all humankind's vulgar material requests. I think you guys call him Santa Claus. Sometimes I want THAT guy's job. He's like a grandparent. He gets to be the guy that brings you cool shit, and I get to be the guy that tells you everything fun is a sin.

Johari
    /Nohari