User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

Thread: Ask God

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Nerd Girl,

I apologize for my vague, reflexive answers this evening. But let me ask you this. In your heaven, would there be Ford Mustangs?

For the record, if there ARE Mustangs in heaven, we will pretend the second and third generation Mustangs never happened.
    God,

Thanks for the reply. To answer your question, in my heaven there would be a 1967 Acapulco Blue Mustang with white leather interior. Preferably showroom quality because I don't know how to restore a classic stang without your help.

And God, I'll just pretend I didn't hear that part about the second and third gen stangs. -covers poor pony ears-

Love,
    Nerd Girl

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2W3
    Socionics
    EII

Dear God,
    When does the fun start?
    a little less conversation, a little more action please
    . captain's blog.

Dear God,
    What were you thinking?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

This thread nearly restored my faith in God!

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    This thread nearly restored my faith in God!
    God doesn't always answer right away, but if I'm wrong and there isn't a God up in heaven, then I'm a really powerful girl. :x -bursts out laughing-

God, If I have to leave this world with all of these big dreams and unfinished business, I'm prayin' for that '67 Stang and an air conditioned garage AND I WANT places to go and people to see up there!! Happy people!! Happy big yellow grin'ed people. Toothless is fine. God, Are you listening??

Dear God,
    How can I know what you want me to do with my life? Do you deal in specifics?

gromit
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

A window to the soul

God, I want to answer these.

Anew Leaf

Dear God,

Why is it that I feel like you are whispering in my ear about something, and then it doesn't happen the way I think it will?

~ a tiny speck of soul dust floating on earth

Dear Yahweh

What's your take on this personality thing?

Cheers, Gautama.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Dear God,

1. If we are going to spend eternity with you, in a place where there are no tears, no sadness, no hunger, trees full of ripe fruit, rivers streaming with schools of yummy fish, and streets paved of gold, we should probably be spending more time thinking about and focusing on eternity rather than on our short time here on earth, right? Because, logically speaking: eternity > 100 years. By a long shot. I guess that's why you say "do not collect and hoard material possessions here on earth, where rust will corrode them and moths will eat them away (and we have to leave the possessions behind when we leave), but instead store up treasures in heaven where rust and moths cannot touch them." And probably also why you say, "What is your life? Your life is like a vapor, here for a moment, and then gone the next." Because, to you, 100 years is the blink of an eye.

Am I right to conclude that we should probably be WAY LESS stressed in these 100 years than we actually are? I mean, I know there are things you want us to do and you have a purpose for all of us in these 100 years, but if we focus on eternity, it really kind of takes a huge burden of stress off of us, because we know we have "forever" coming on the other side. We probably shouldn't stress out about things like, "The grocery store ran out of milk" or "I applied for a job and nobody called me back" or "That guy cut me off on the road". We kind of need to just chill out, right?

2. I can haz cheeseburger?
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay