• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ask a Muslim

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, that convinces me. I'm converting right now!

G

Ginkgo

Hey I'm real glad this is going somewhere. Should be interesting to see peoples' curiosity and the answers.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do muslims hate dogs?

I love my dog.

Do muslims hate my dog? :<

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Why do you guys hate Jews?

And, do you realize that the "Lost Tribes" of Israel were not actually lost but merely assimilated into the surrounding, Muslim territories?

*points at possible Jewish dude*

R

Riva

Rights should be given.

We have no right to exclude individuals from the same rights others are entitled to, based on gender, age, sex, sexuality, etc. Prejudice is bullshit.

Isn't same sex marriages against Islam?

If yes, why would you say what I have quoted from 'gay marriage poll' thread? How could you believe in a certain religion and reject its ideas?

F

figsfiggyfigs

Isn't same sex marriages against Islam?

If yes, why would you say what I have quoted from 'gay marriage poll' thread? How could you believe in a certain religion and reject its ideas?

Religion and state should be two separate things.

Personally, my religion(whether it views homosexuality as wrong, or acceptable), has no bearing on my involvement or judgment on other people's lives and choices. Treating people(in this case, homosexuals) the way the american government(for example) is treating them, is wrong. I will NOT and have NO right to view a group of people as unacceptable, because they merely believe in something that is different than me. Their choices have nothing to do with me, or how I feel/think about them.

Why do you guys hate Jews?

And, do you realize that the "Lost Tribes" of Israel were not actually lost but merely assimilated into the surrounding, Muslim territories?

*points at possible Jewish dude*

I love dem jews!

Also, the Abrahamic religions(Judaism) came before Islam, and they're(supposed to be) respected. Absurd that some Muslims have this default dislike toward huge group of people, based on a (undeniably large) political issues(Israel/Palestine)--which is where the hate generally stemmed and grew from.

Do muslims hate dogs?

I love my dog.

Do muslims hate my dog? :<

(from light research)No where in the quran are dogs mentioned in a negative light. However, in a few hadiths( traditional collections which people deem to be the foundation of Islam) , they are. I however hate dogs, but not for the reason the hadiths mentions (which are: they're filthy/impure).

I hate dogs because they scare the crap out of me. Extremely. I turn into a whimpering 2 year old around them. It's horrible.
My family had a few dogs when I was younger(when I loved them). Since, I've been chased by a few :c.

They don't hate dogs. In fact, my family had one last year; however, they tend to keep them outside of the house( because they think they bring dirt into their homes).

Mole

Permabanned
Hearts and Minds

Under the Universal Declaration of Human Rights the West will never accept Islamic anti-semitism nor the theocratic Islamic State.

Do you think Islamic terrorism will change our hearts and minds?

Or do you think Islamic propaganda will be more fruitful in the West?

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
[MENTION=9602]YWIR[/MENTION] You totally need to step up in your thread or my hairy legged feminist thread or [MENTION=10251]Red Herring[/MENTION]'s tree hugger thread will quickly overtake yours.

In fact, I think they already have!

HWAHWAHWA.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Under the Universal Declaration of Human Rights the West will never accept Islamic anti-semitism nor the theocratic Islamic State.

Do you think Islamic terrorism will change our hearts and minds?

Or do you think Islamic propaganda will be more fruitful in the West?
I don't think terrorism really achieves much, other than encouraging further hate and misunderstanding.

I don't know what you mean by "Islamic propaganda".
Propaganda: Information, esp. of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.
I don't like the idea of any sort of propaganda existing.

[MENTION=9602]YWIR[/MENTION] You totally need to step up in your thread or my hairy legged feminist thread or [MENTION=10251]Red Herring[/MENTION]'s tree hugger thread will quickly overtake yours.

In fact, I think they already have!

HWAHWAHWA.

EAT MY DUST!!!!!:holy:
*zooms past*

F

figsfiggyfigs

SINFUL HEATHEN! HOW DARE YOU POST SUCH CORRUPT AND VILE THINGS ON MY HOLY THREAD!

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you feel like you are oppressed by your own religion?

F

figsfiggyfigs

I think it's safe to say that this happens with most religions, especially ones that are usually misunderstood for the worst.
A lot of people feel oppressed mainly by other external forces that manipulate their religion as a means to brainwash or oppress them. People have free will, and I wish people would step aside and not stick their nose into what people choose to believe or do.

So. No, I am not oppressed by my religion. I do often feel others trying to use it to oppress me though.

Mole

Permabanned
The Last Taboo and Islam

Piety is the last taboo. And Islam is the last bastion of the last taboo. For under Islam the impius are simply killed. It doesn't matter if you are a teenager, or a cartoonist, or a novelist, or a United Nations' teacher - the impius will be killed.

Our impiety may take the form of a cartoon of Muhammad, or a novel about Muhammad, or a teenager going out with an infidel, or an apostate, or the United Nations and their Universal Declaration of Human Rights - all invite the fatwah of death.

The other day in Nigeria the United Nations committed the sin of impiety by providing education for young Nigerians, and so an Islamist suicide bomber drove a car bomb into the foyer of the United Nations and murdered the impius workers of the United Nations.

If those who are there to help, such as the workers of the United Nations, can be publicly murdered like Theo van Gogh, no one is safe.

D

Dali

Muslim here.

I could also take a shot at answering your questions, if [MENTION=9602]YWIR[/MENTION] doesn't mind.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think it's safe to say that this happens with most religions, especially ones that are usually misunderstood for the worst.
A lot of people feel oppressed mainly by other external forces that manipulate their religion as a means to brainwash or oppress them. People have free will, and I wish people would step aside and not stick their nose into what people choose to believe or do.

So. No, I am not oppressed by my religion. I do often feel others trying to use it to oppress me though.

Who tries to oppress you with your religion?

Oh, and I concur with the statement about religion and oppressing people.