User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Thread: Ask a Muslim

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Under the Universal Declaration of Human Rights the West will never accept Islamic anti-semitism nor the theocratic Islamic State.

Do you think Islamic terrorism will change our hearts and minds?

Or do you think Islamic propaganda will be more fruitful in the West?
    I don't think terrorism really achieves much, other than encouraging further hate and misunderstanding.

I don't know what you mean by "Islamic propaganda".
    Propaganda: Information, esp. of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.
    I don't like the idea of any sort of propaganda existing.

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    @YWIR You totally need to step up in your thread or my hairy legged feminist thread or @Red Herring's tree hugger thread will quickly overtake yours.

In fact, I think they already have!

HWAHWAHWA.
    EAT MY DUST!!!!!
    *zooms past*

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    I don't like the idea of any sort of propaganda existing.
    Are you really a Muslim?

Is this harem?

“Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

figsfiggyfigs

SINFUL HEATHEN! HOW DARE YOU POST SUCH CORRUPT AND VILE THINGS ON MY HOLY THREAD!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Do you feel like you are oppressed by your own religion?
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

figsfiggyfigs

I think it's safe to say that this happens with most religions, especially ones that are usually misunderstood for the worst.
    A lot of people feel oppressed mainly by other external forces that manipulate their religion as a means to brainwash or oppress them. People have free will, and I wish people would step aside and not stick their nose into what people choose to believe or do.

So. No, I am not oppressed by my religion. I do often feel others trying to use it to oppress me though.

The Last Taboo and Islam

Piety is the last taboo. And Islam is the last bastion of the last taboo. For under Islam the impius are simply killed. It doesn't matter if you are a teenager, or a cartoonist, or a novelist, or a United Nations' teacher - the impius will be killed.

Our impiety may take the form of a cartoon of Muhammad, or a novel about Muhammad, or a teenager going out with an infidel, or an apostate, or the United Nations and their Universal Declaration of Human Rights - all invite the fatwah of death.

The other day in Nigeria the United Nations committed the sin of impiety by providing education for young Nigerians, and so an Islamist suicide bomber drove a car bomb into the foyer of the United Nations and murdered the impius workers of the United Nations.

If those who are there to help, such as the workers of the United Nations, can be publicly murdered like Theo van Gogh, no one is safe.

figsfiggyfigs

shhh, it's okay Victor. I don't like idiots either.

Dali

Muslim here.

I could also take a shot at answering your questions, if @YWIR doesn't mind.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    I think it's safe to say that this happens with most religions, especially ones that are usually misunderstood for the worst.
    A lot of people feel oppressed mainly by other external forces that manipulate their religion as a means to brainwash or oppress them. People have free will, and I wish people would step aside and not stick their nose into what people choose to believe or do.

So. No, I am not oppressed by my religion. I do often feel others trying to use it to oppress me though.
    Who tries to oppress you with your religion?

Oh, and I concur with the statement about religion and oppressing people.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex