User Tag List

First 9101112 Last

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None

I think that MacGuff & Herring need to protest the lack of appreciation they get over here.

Guff & red.... whatever it is you guys are planning on doing... please do forewarn us.
    The answer must be in the attempt
    avy url : natgeocreative Photo

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    I don't know what they mean, nor do I know much about Muhammad, but I know I would not like skewed depictions of Jesus published like that.
    Here's one of Jesus being killed in South Park by a Jew instead!

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1A82GDR0Zs"]Yep.[/YOUTUBE]

I'd also recommend you google both "Jesus is coming, get a towel!" and "Jesus fucking Christ".

Since those can't be posted here, here's my personal favorite:

I have a (new) blog here.

You should do these: JohariNohari

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizer View Post
    I think that MacGuff & Herring need to protest the lack of appreciation they get over here.

Guff & red.... whatever it is you guys are planning on doing... please do forewarn us.
    What?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    What?
    seconded
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None

tks again guys
    and the point was that the two of you have already explained what this was & surprisingly continues to be about.

A window to the soul

tks again guys
    and the point was that the two of you have already explained what this was & surprisingly continues to be about.
    You're not making any sense.

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None

You're not making any sense.
    from what i understood from their replies was that the two relevant points came together as the power-money nexus and the manipulation of people to achieve those aims in the short term at least and, if anyone is concerned about it, in the long run the possible perpetuation of it. what they seemed to at least have essentially pointed out that this was about is that it feeds off of the insecurities of people as they relate to this and the exploitation of these insecurities to have that nexus endure and possibly gain strength.

guff & herring can correct me if I got the wrong impression from their posts

EDIT: i thought I had made this point here : http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1621576
    Last edited by Kaizer; 07-23-2011 at 06:26 PM. Reason: summary/clarification

A window to the soul

from what i understood from their replies was that the two relevant points came together as the power-money nexus and the manipulation of people to achieve those aims in the short term at least and, if anyone is concerned about it, in the long run the possible perpetuation of it. what they seemed to at least have essentially pointed out that this was about is that it feeds off of the insecurities of people as they relate to this and the exploitation of these insecurities to have that nexus endure and possibly gain strength.

guff & herring can correct me if I got the wrong impression from their posts

EDIT: i thought I had made this point here : http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1621576
    I'm still confused. Are you talking about Muslims feeding off of the insecurities of people afraid of losing their civil liberties?

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None

I'm still confused.
    From what I had gathered from their replies, it seemed to be about the politicians and the elites on all sides.

A window to the soul

From what I had gathered from their replies, it seemed to be about the politicians and the elites on all sides.
    I don't think the politicians or the elites had much to do with the cartoon satire or the resulting Islamic protests; at least, that's not what I'm reading at wiki. It escalated into violence because a Danish Muslim organization protested the first release of the cartoons in the Danish newspaper (Jyllands-Posten), which raised awareness. The awareness spread like wild fire because 50-other countries reprinted the cartoons. It sounds like a media feeding frenzy fueled the debate. Naturally, the media is going to side with free speech. To drive that point home, the Jyllands-Posten, and many other Danish newspapers reprinted the cartoons as a commitment to free speech.

The Danish Prime Minister didn't want to get involved with the dispute between the media and the Muslims. The Danish Muslims and 11-ambassadors from Muslim-majority countries requested to meet with the Danish Prime Minister, but the Danish Prime Minister refused to meet about it and suggested that they take it to court like everyone else.