User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Yeah read it and over, then analyze and obsess over it like you do everything else.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Very well, then. The values I am disgusted by are:

1. Courage - How pathetic do you have to be to have courage? It's just stupid to take risks so that people will admire that, or out of some screwed up sense that you owe people something. It is so pathetic and disgusting to need like that, and to do something so absurd, meaningless, and predictable to fulfill it. You should always flee danger unless it corners you, and then do everything you can against it no matter how underhanded. It's foolish to be bound by something as absurd as a sense of courage.
    Well, yes people should think twice before mindlessly jumping into needless danger, but sometimes it is necessary to make a stand for beliefs or to save someone else or to face necessary personal pain to make a needed gain in life. You are half correct here as far as I am concerned, but too simplistic.

2. Trust - This basically the same as saying, "let people screw you over." If you trust people, they will screw you over. It's not even a matter of "if," but "when." They would be foolish not to do so if they could get away with it, in fact. You should always have a back-up plan in case they betray you, so that they can't do what ever they want with you. The easiest is to make sure that you never trust anyone unless you have something to use against them if they betray you. That will deter them. There is no trust, it's only an idea used to trick people. It doesn't do anything.
    Not everyone thinks about screwing someone else over. It is more likely the people around us will hurt us by being too human and letting us down in that way rather than purposely screwing us over. But again, you are half correct, the socialized psychopaths out there (estimated to be one in thrity persons) will want to screw us over for kicks and it is wise to be on the look out for persons who seem too glib or gamey. But again you are too simipistic in the view, too wanting things to fit into a cookie cutter mold, life is more complicated.

3. Acceptance, and even building upon the disgusting nature of things as they are, accepting it as valid, even embracing it - This is the most horrifying of all. You look on all this, seeing how disgusting and miserable it is, and you dare to align yourself with that awfulness, praise it as positive regardless of it's voidness of everything that is good or right, you just praise the arbitrary chaotic mess, and speak of it's "necessity," completely ignoring everything wrong with it. You demand people to live in it, you even implore them to love it as you do.
    I will never be a cheerleader for evil. It disgusts me in people who are either too weak or too driven by their own ego needs to not stand up to true evil. There can be evil that is chaotic...but there can also be evil in rigid rules though. It takes no sides.

Well, go ahead then. But I can't agree to your values. I cannot. I will not.

I am not even sure you know what my values are for the most part.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    INFP and INFJ are radically different mindsets and have very different needs though...

They may both be NF, with some NF type "goals" but their inner worlds and needs are different. Fi and Fe are different.

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    INFP and INFJ are radically different mindsets and have very different needs though...
    Well that being the case please, disregard post # 100. :ouch:

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Well that being the case please, disregard post # 100. :ouch:
    Sorry, didn't mean to bring on an ouch, but INFJ don't always understand INFP outlooks.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

1. Courage - How pathetic do you have to be to have courage? It's just stupid to take risks so that people will admire that, or out of some screwed up sense that you owe people something. It is so pathetic and disgusting to need like that, and to do something so absurd, meaningless, and predictable to fulfill it. You should always flee danger unless it corners you, and then do everything you can against it no matter how underhanded. It's foolish to be bound by something as absurd as a sense of courage.
    The philosophy of a Neitzchian coward. Good thing not everyone thinks that way or you'ld be dead. Survival of the fittest is merciless... but you'll never know that as long as there are those willing to die while you philosophize from your easy chair. They do that everyday.. even for you... knowing what you think of them. Because they have real guts. You can try to belittle their bravery and commitment to freedom all you want... they're above caring what you think. No... they're no one's fools.

I have tired to make this impersonal and hope I succeeded. No personal attack intended... just the way of thinking.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    The philosophy of a Neitzchian coward. Good thing not everyone thinks that way or you'ld be dead. Survival of the fittest is merciless... but you'll never know that as long as there are those willing to die while you philosophize from your easy chair. They do that everyday.. even for you... knowing what you think of them. Because they have real guts. You can try to belittle their bravery and commitment to freedom all you want... they're above caring what you think. No... they're no one's fools.

I have tired to make this impersonal and hope I succeeded. No personal attack intended... just the way of thinking.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

heart on fire

I agree with Seanan, where would we be without the true rebels, the true renegades?

However so often the issue gets muddied with the lower octave type renegade who rebels just for the sake of reacting. It is a complex issue worth being critical minded for.

Cue up Gnarls Barkly "Crazy"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    :rolli:

They are not the only ones who are beyond caring what others think, Seanan. They just took a different path, and put themselves through something difficult unnecessarily. If they deserve any sentiment, it's pity for not seeing their own futility.

1. Courage
    2. Trust
    3. Acceptance

What I can't believe is that people are so pathetic, that they admire people who behave according to such.

Well, go ahead then. But I can't agree to your values. I cannot. I will not.
    After reading this post, I'm actually glad. Now I can ignore this thread safe in the thought that there's absolutely nothing that can be accomplished here.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari