User Tag List

First 4567 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

We are all made in God's image, this is why all theories of racial superiority and hierarchy based upon appearence are heretical and wrong thinking.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Nah, he was definitely a dude. And a jew. Therefore semitic. Whether that's white or brown is up to... Eugenics or whatever crap.
    Genetics.

Eugenics is the good which any knowledge of genetics ought to achieve.

MBTI
    STUF
    Whoops.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Awesome. So it's finally proven now. :O
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

There is an old Catholic mission in St.Ignatius, Montana,on the Flathead reservation. A priest there painted a portrait of Jesus in which he is depicted as native-American, complete with halo and buck skin coat. It's actually quite beautiful.

Surely the historical Jesus he didn't have blue eyes. He was also part neanderthal:

http://news.discovery.com/human/gene...al-110718.html

You won't find that in your catechism...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

part neanderthal? what kind of shit is that?
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    STUF

If you're not pure native african, you're not pure human, you are part neanderthal.
    Whoops.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

The transfiguration of Jesus interests me and what it could involve or mean, the passages describe him glowing or becoming brighter than the sun. I wonder if there was any change in appearence at that point. There are more than one of the passages involving people meeting him before and after the crucifixion which indicate that they did not recognise him right away but he eventually revealed himself to them.

I'm never sure whether this is a case of him revealing himself as in master of disguise reveals his true identity, the scooby do reveal, or a more esoteric sense, the old testament is full of instances were people meeting angels unawares and there's even counselling or support for the view that you should treat all strangers well as they could be prophets or angels unbeknownst to you. I really like the continuity between those ideas and Jesus description of the final judgement in Mathew in which he describes people who refused to assist him saying "if we'd known it was you" kind of things and it not going down well or being a valid reason for their choices.

I liked the idea that Jesus was semitic when the articles testifying to this end first came out and thought it was fine, I know of some Irish people, southern Irish, who really didnt like it and prefered their own iconoclastic renditions of him as a caucasian of vaguely european descent. What spoiled it for me was when some more hardline jewish elements used the "Jesus was a jew" message to smuggle in some really hardline anti-Christian rants, I mean real angry, this "mere mortal wasnt even that popular a rabbi and Christianity is the invention of anti-semites and self-hating jews anyway".

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    If you're not pure native african, you're not pure human, you are part neanderthal.
    What are you talking about? It's widely understood that the neanderthal came from Africa and is probably best categorized as a type of homo sapien. The latter is due to the fact that if a species is able to reproduce with another then it shouldn't be considered as a separate species.

MBTI
    STUF

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    What are you talking about? It's widely understood that the neanderthal came from Africa and is probably best categorized as a type of homo sapien. The latter is due to the fact that if a species is able to reproduce with another then it shouldn't be considered as a separate species.
    Defining species is not that simple. Polar Bears and Grizzly bears can reproduce fertile offspring, yet they are separate species. The first "proto-neanderthal" traits also first showed themselves in europe around 400,000 years ago, not Africa.

I should note that my previous link explains that a bit.
    Whoops.