User Tag List

First 34567 Last

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Jesus was whatever color of skin you think he should be.
    Did you get the memo that Jesus existed in real life? I think the OP is serious.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Did you get the memo that Jesus existed in real life? I think the OP is serious.
    The ethnicity of a carpenter/itinerant preacher from Roman Palestine named Yeshua ben Yosef has practically no bearing on this subject. That guy most likely had a swarthy complexion, like Palestinian Arabs or Mizrahi Jews of the present day.

What makes this question so compelling to so many isn't about that guy, but the Jesus archetype.

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    The ethnicity of a carpenter/itinerant preacher from Roman Palestine named Yeshua ben Yosef has practically no bearing on this subject. That guy most likely had a swarthy complexion, like Palestinian Arabs or Mizrahi Jews of the present day.

What makes this question so compelling to so many isn't about that guy, but the Jesus archetype.
    Agreed! For some, the only acceptable answer lies in the question, "what do you want to hear?"

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

When I lived in Israel I found the majority of Arabs and Jews (of varying origin) are virtually indistinguishable in terms of physical features. When first greeting someone, I was often was confused as to whether "shalom" or "salaam alaykum" was in order.

I imagine Jesus would have looked rather like many modern day Israelis, certainly not lilly white.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

I know he had a white halo.

Ginkgo

Is Ginkgo's dick white?

Riva

What does it matter what colour he was? Well.... I am wrong. It would be a nice point to discuss. Discussing history is a fun thing to do. But people getting their blood boiled due to his skin colour is a pretty sad thing.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    Given the list of his supposed descendants and where they were from (between the Tigris and Euphrates, around the area where Turkey meets Iran, Egypt, around Palestine and Israel before the 1940s-50s diaspora made it a lot whiter), it stands to reason he wasn't. I don't know a lot of white people who are both born in and descended from those regions, personally. Generally Middle Eastern looking seems like a safe bet.

Most Christian nations tend to portray Jesus as looking like their most prominent ethnic background. Very white, very black, whatever. These are of no use as evidence.

Some years ago there was a sort of study done to try and approximate what Jesus would've looked like given what we know about his geneology in the Bible, the time, and the place. Their final model looked like this:

They should have made him smiling from ear to ear.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Obviously Latino!

The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari