User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Uh yes he was very likely white, native lebanese / syrian / israeli people are white even nowadays, even though they can tan quickly and nicely.

Lol I'm dumbfounded that some ppl here think olive skin isn't white. Take any olive skin person and check out his unexposed skin...it's goning to be pale.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Uh yes he was very likely white, native lebanese / syrian / israeli people are white even nowadays, even though they can tan quickly and nicely.
    Well, as noted, the people he descended from (King David, Moses, Adam and Eve, etc) were from areas like Egypt and around Iraq and Iran. And it's worth noting that Israel was, until 1948, part of Palestine. Around the time it formed, a lot of Jewish people from Europe migrated there, making it white in a way it hadn't ever really been before. Still, it isn't totally uncommon for people to consider Middle Eastern and caucasian the same thing, so it's not unfair to say that.

Still, it's pretty unlikely he was as white as this:

Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

It's not uncommon to consider middle easters as caucasians because they ARE technically caucasian. Of course I know Israel is full of white people from europe now, but the same cannot be said for Lebanon or Syria, and you'll still find plenty of people that - excepting the large amount of sunlight they receive - would be white. Btw, many people from Algeria, Libya, Egypt etc. quickly become white when unexposed to strong sunlight. I know because both in Italy and France there are many immigrants from those countries, their 2nd gen's skin tone is basically the same as your average native...
    Anyway yes he probably didn't look anything like that, it's just one among many pictorial representations....
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

What's with all the Troll threads?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Jesus was a hominid of the species homo sapiens. He had genes almost identical with a chimpanze.

And indeed most of his genes were identical with a banana or an orchid.

Yes, Jesus was one small part of the tree of life that began about four thousand million years ago.

And we are one family of life because each one us has an identical structure to our DNA passed from generation to generation and from species to species.

One might have thought Jesus would mention this to us but we had to wait for, "The Origin of Species", and its confirmation in the gerome, to be told of this most important fact about us and Jesus.
    Jesus was indeed part orchid and chimpanzee, Victor... The presence of banana in him was through ingestion, though, as the picture of our Lord Jesus Christ clearly shows.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    IsFJ

How about a compromise? I say he was gray-skinned. Prove me wrong...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    Also, as for the assumed purity of one race over another, I don't think there's anything explicitly about that in the Bible, though some people have tried to use stories like the "curse of Ham" and the Cain and Abel story to imply some races are "cursed" or inferior.
    The irony of that, is that God did not even place that curse. It was Noah; and it doesn't even say God ever honored that curse (people probably assumed he did, because the Canaanites played such a negative role later in scripture. But that was just because they remained close by. Otherwise, all other gentile groups were basically similar in religion and morality).

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Jelly View Post
    I don't think Jesus would have been white like he is portrayed in the catholic artwork. I think he would of been on the darker side and probably a more olive skin tone.
    It was a 15th or so century Italian who supposedly modeled for that. Then, subsequent pictures were modified, like replacing the blond hair with the long brown hair, the less round face, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    It's not uncommon to consider middle easters as caucasians because they ARE technically caucasian. Of course I know Israel is full of white people from europe now, but the same cannot be said for Lebanon or Syria, and you'll still find plenty of people that - excepting the large amount of sunlight they receive - would be white. Btw, many people from Algeria, Libya, Egypt etc. quickly become white when unexposed to strong sunlight. I know because both in Italy and France there are many immigrants from those countries, their 2nd gen's skin tone is basically the same as your average native...
    Anyway yes he probably didn't look anything like that, it's just one among many pictorial representations....
    But weren't those still people who ultimately migrated down there from Europe, and then mixed in?
    I know the census form used to define all of the people from the whole area as "Caucasian", but Caucasian means the people from the Caucasus mountains, which were the waves of tribes that came down from that regions (The Iranians: Medes, Persians, Scythians; the Greeks: Ionians, Dorians, etc. The Romans: Latins, Etruscans, etc. The Teutons (Germanic): Angles, Saxons, Vandals, Goths, Heruli, etc; and the Celts, Baltics, etc).

Hebrews and Arabs are a totally different stock. Using the Noah-based table of nations, the Caucasians are Japhetic like the Asians, while the Hebrews and Arabs are Semitic. They may have been lighter than Africans, but they were still "colored".
    Here in NY, where you have strong Jewish areas, you will often see dark Israelis.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Jesus was whatever color of skin you think he should be.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

Not only was Jesus white, but very likely a loaf of white bread to boot (cf. "This is my body ...")
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Nah, he was definitely a dude. And a jew. Therefore semitic. Whether that's white or brown is up to... Eugenics or whatever crap.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come