• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How Would You Rule?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Suppose you have become dictator of your country (or any hypothetical country for that matter), how would you rule as new leader? What laws would you create or destroy? What social policies would you implement? How would you structure the economy? Etc.

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
I would distribute the decision making processes as much as possible. Not so much direct democracy in terms of letting citizens directly choose policy, but assessing preferences of outcomes. I would greatly increase the amount of inputs as well as the computational capacity. Further details are secret.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No, thanks.

Not interested in supreme power?

Can you plse provide geography and population?

Well, I guess that of your present day country which you reside in, which is different for various individuals. But in general; highly civilized first world country with many subrubs and cities, populations within the millions.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Huh, strange, didn't Lark post in here?

Supreme power = dictator? I don't think so.

Meh, sure it's not supreme power, but it's one of the greatest powers possible in the world.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Suppose you have become dictator of your country (or any hypothetical country for that matter), how would you rule as new leader? What laws would you create or destroy? What social policies would you implement? How would you structure the economy? Etc.

First I would initiate a reign of terror against all those who I deem my enemies; best not to leave any opposition floating around, right? First and foremost I would ensure to build a society where compassion and empathy can be merged with strength and power, resulting in a world far greater than any have ever known. I would have all those who are unjustly prejudice to be arrested and sent to specially made prisons. In these prisons, the inmates would be subject to brainwashing techniques designed to alter their modus operandi, changing them into perfectly altruistic and noble human beings, who once let back into society will be beings of far greater kindness than they ever could be on their own. There would no longer then be reason to force criminals to be second class citizens, as they would truly be completely new people. Of course, for smaller and lesser crimes, I'd probably just legalize them and find a way to profit from that; pot, prostitution, public nudity; it's all cool under the regime. Minor theft can be dealt without brainwashing; like maybe a couple weeks in prison, or community service. The worst of the worst human beings, those so awful that they could only be described as monsters, would be brought to a special execution facility where they would be mauled by lions and tigers for my own amusement.

I'd enforce key values of sympathy, learning, honesty, growth, knowledge, understanding, and other such related things as the norm for society. These values would be implemented over time so that they are practiced on the individual scale without external coercion; people would eventually be good through their own means. I'd do away with the tax system completely, as well as most social services, because they would ultimately be unnecessary; if people become poor then their local neighbors can assist back to a decent lifestyle, and the super rich would share their wealth. Schools would be a thing of the past, as almost everyone would have a capacity and desire to learn various academic subject through their own will; intellectualism would be abundant among almost every citizen, and technological and philosophical progress would skyrocket as a result. Racism would be an ancient relic of barbaric societies as individuals would no longer use unjustified prejudice against one another. The social environment of the would be otherwise completely libertarian, allowing for many personal freedoms and happiness among the population.

Since everyone would be altruistic and compassionate, as well as extremely educated and intelligent, a controlled economy would no longer be necessary and thus it could be left to its own devices for the most part. The borders would be opened completely to anyone willing to join our great nation, never again would there be illegal immigrants nor oppressed people who suffer because of an illegal status. Once the population begins to increase dramatically, we would unite armies to conquer other regions of the world under our power. Because of advanced social ideas, things like world hunger and slavery would be destroyed, replaced by an abundance of cheap/free food (like mass harvesting insects, a wonderful intellectual idea) and guaranteed freedom. Other social problems over time would be combated by the great working minds of the citizens, and no problem would be beyond our capability to deal with it.

After my departure from the world, I would have died knowing full well that the world operates an a grand scale like none other before; I would have been a god responsible for the creation of a new world.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd keep taxes at a minimum. I'd make prisoners work not only for they food, but also to pay the guards that watch them. I'm out of ideas. :evilgenius:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would set up a society with objectivist laws :yes:

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I would not allow prisons or prisoners. I would legalize the most harmless drugs. I would impose a sort of digital government that could steer political discourse on a national level while still having a fine enough level of control to empower local governments. Punishment for nonviolent crimes as a deterrent will become a thing of the past. Individualism and an interest in the common good will flourish. I will also phase out cars as a means for everyday transportation. They will no longer be necessary after I redesign cities as more localized and pedestrian friendly communities with some public transportation for longer journeys. The economy will encourage entrepreneurship, yet will have balances in place to prevent any single individual from becoming too powerful and bumping off the competition. Monopolies will be a thing of the past. Then as the displaced aristocracy seeks to regain power with a series of failed coups and assassination attempts, I high tail it out of there like Solon.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I'd invent Skynet.

Or, try my best until I fuck it up and everyone revolts against me. I always thought it'd be pretty cool to marry modern conveniences and ideals with middle-ages style and hometown feel.

T

ThatGirl

I would watch, learn, implement a few plans, appoint a few great leaders, then go on vacation.

Mole

Permabanned
With the Limitation of Power

Well, first of all I would point out that power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. And that this applies to me as well as anyone else. So I would write a Constitution that limits power, including my own.

But notice I wouldn't abolish power, I would merely limit it.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, first of all I would point out that power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. And that this applies to me as well as anyone else. So I would write a Constitution that limits power, including my own.

But notice I wouldn't abolish power, I would merely limit it.

As far as I can tell "power" is a very strange thing. It can never be abolished, only deferred to someone else.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member

I'd be the puppet political figurehead of some state haven for Libertarianism.