User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Jelly View Post
    I think that is really how it goes... When you aren't trying it happens. Strange but true!
    It seems that the easiest time to get pregnant is when you're 16, have a one-night stand, and the condom breaks.

(Not that that happened to me; it didn't. It's just that now that I am trying to get pregnant, it irks me to hear about all these teenagers who get pregnant when they absolutely don't want to. Phooey!)
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Jelly View Post
    Like for instance did you know that anywhere from 10-25% of all clinically recognized pregnancies will end in miscarriage?
    From a biologist perspective though, I have to point out that often this is one of your body's methods of 'double-checking' itself. The vast majority of these miscarriages are because your body recognized a chromosomal abnormality. In other words... Something went VERY wrong in the process of fertilization, or DNA replication, or maybe even in the egg/sperm before conception even happened. Maybe during meiosis the DNA didn't split properly, and the new egg was missing a chromosome. I have to marvel at the fact that our bodies can identify that something has gone wrong, and terminate the process.

I know those words wouldn't offer much consolation to a couple who has lost their pregnancy, but since we're more in an "Isn't that awesome?" context here.... I just think it's cool.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    From a biologist perspective though, I have to point out that often this is one of your body's methods of 'double-checking' itself. The vast majority of these miscarriages are because your body recognized a chromosomal abnormality. In other words... Something went VERY wrong in the process of fertilization, or DNA replication, or maybe even in the egg/sperm before conception even happened. Maybe during meiosis the DNA didn't split properly, and the new egg was missing a chromosome. I have to marvel at the fact that our bodies can identify that something has gone wrong, and terminate the process.

I know those words wouldn't offer much consolation to a couple who has lost their pregnancy, but since we're more in an "Isn't that awesome?" context here.... I just think it's cool.
    Yes. And while it's not necessarily consoling, it is comforting to know that my body will discuntinue a problematic pregnancy.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Banned

It should it's hard, otherwise she won't be very happy.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I don't think I'm going to reproduce. Not by choice. I sort of always imagined having one sprog. Older mum's seem to have a hell of a hard time during pregnancy though. Knowing what some of my friends have gone through, I don't think I'm game enough. Nobody tells you about that sort of thing, that it might be easier, or rather younger bodies recover faster and can take more stress, especially pregnancy. I feel kinda ripped off.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]