• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Would you rather have a child, or live forever?

Would you rather have a child, or live forever?

• Total voters

cm81

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This statement strikes me as a little too black and white, very limiting. It's very easy to be sexually active without getting pregnant, thanks to faithful and correct use of birth control. There are choices involved here, ones that don't mandate an either-or decision between abstinence and child-rearing.

birth control

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
birth control

Your implication, within the context of this thread, was that birth control is imperfect - that if one isn't ready for children, he or she should either practice abstinence or prepare for the possibility of having children (even if they use contraceptives).

If there was something additional you'd like to add, I'd be happy to hear it. Threads tend to benefit from well-articulated thoughts.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I cannot conscientiously see myself bringing a child into my life, so that leaves me with immortality, which I'd choose eagerly at first but be punished for my curiosity later. I think I would be psychologically better suited for it than the average person, but no immortal mind escapes the End.

Others have mentioned the ends of loved ones, but I mean the rest of space. When the drama is over, no light remains, nor anything to hear or touch. The immortal spends the rest of eternity in this state of sensory deprivation, breathless but eternally unable to die of asphyxiation, torn in every direction by the vacuum yet unable to explode. Nothing is left to do but descend into impotent insanity and become the stuff of some younger universe's Lovecraftian myth. Have fun. :hi: