User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you rather have a child, or live forever?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would rather be mortal and have a child.

18 40.00%
  • I would prefer to live forever.

27 60.00%
First 12345 Last

MBTI
    yupp

neither
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Again, I view immortality in positive terms. I see this question as asking: "would you rather have children as a mortal, thus ensuring the human race goes on & cute babies still exist, or would you prefer people be immortal & not have children so the earth isn't overrun with people?" I choose the latter, but then, babies don't charm me. I also see some remote possibility for expansion onto other planets in other universes (I'm not even a sci-fi fan either....this is like imagination 101), and so why not be immortal and have cute babies? The win-win is REAL!!!
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Again, I view immortality in positive terms. I see this question as asking: "would you rather have children as a mortal, thus ensuring the human race goes on & cute babies still exist, or would you prefer people be immortal & not have children so the earth isn't overrun with people?" I choose the latter, but then, babies don't charm me. I also see some remote possibility for expansion onto other planets in other universes (I'm not even a sci-fi fan either....this is like imagination 101), and so why not be immortal and have cute babies? The win-win is REAL!!!
    If the babies were immortal too, it would take a lot of pressure off inexperienced parents who are always terrified of accidentally killing their children.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Part of me would LOVE to choose immortality simply because I don't think my mind can realistically fathom such a concept. It would be very interesting to see how immortality pans out different or similar to how I think it might pan out. It would be interesting to see how my patterns of behaviour and acting would adapt to fit to being immortal.

But also, I don't want to be immortal if my body is going to become a prison for my mind eventually (not that it isn't already). And I think after a very, very long time I would get very, very bored and it would suck not to have an out.

Also, a cool part of living is having and raising kids. Not all aspects of it, but many aspects of it. It would be kind of unfortunate not to experience that.

Hell, I'll choose kids. Crazy.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Definitely immortality. I think I'd love it..

Only exception is if I was immortal, but super old and couldnt move .. Being immortal at like 30 though would be tits.

Ive never desired children.. so this was almost too easy of a question to me.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    BTW: I assume a biological child? No cheating by being immortal and adopting?
    If you adopt, you give up the option of immortality.

Oh and lets also assume that your family line will last indefinitely if you choose to have a child.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post

But also, I don't want to be immortal if my body is going to become a prison for my mind eventually (not that it isn't already). And I think after a very, very long time I would get very, very bored and it would suck not to have an out.
    This is precisely why I find the idea of immortality unsettling. What I would really like though is a greatly increased lifespan. The life expectancy as it stands now, doesn't give me the time I want to learn and experience everything I want.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post

This is precisely why I find the idea of immortality unsettling. What I would really like though is a greatly increased lifespan. The life expectancy as it stands now, doesn't give me the time I want to learn and experience everything I want.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INFP

Mortality and variability.

Everything is more intense when I know that I have limited time.
    Hot-hearted head

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Neither.