Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Default Is it rape if...

would these hypothetical situations be considered rape?

1) you hypnotize someone into having sex with you
    2) you get someone drunk so that you can manipulate them to have sex with you
    3) you have sex with someone controversially younger than you, but they consent
    4) you manipulate someone into having sex with you when you know they'll regret it later.
    5) you threaten to withdraw support for an individual if they don't have sex with you (not support that they need, like a job, money for living expenses or healthcare, but some other type of support that they can survive without)
    6) you threaten to withdraw support that the individual does need (such as those listed above)
    7) you make your spouse have sex with you after they have been witholding it from you
    8) someone has consented to have sex with you. you're in the middle of things and they say "stop!" and you don't
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Yes. And courting is rape, too. Oh wait, you've got that already (Number 4).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

1) yes
    2) yes
    3) no if they're mentally capable of deciding for themselves; if you're consciously taking advantage of the situation - then yes
    4) somewhat debateable. Not rape as such, but questionable behavior.
    5) yes
    6) yes
    7) yes
    8) yes

I would consider 5, 6 and 7 more as sexual assault than actual rape, but morally it doesn't really make much of a difference.
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

Yes to 1, 2, 3, 7, 8. And can't wait for this thread to fail spectacularly.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

- If you've discussed it first, no.
    - Yes. Legally, in the United States, you cannot consent under the influence. How seriously this is taken is case-by-case basis.. so it's better to err on the side of caution.
    - If they're over the legal limit, I don't really care. Also, I'm iffy on the 14-18 years old sort of bits, but I still think they should wait.
    4) you manipulate someone into having sex with you when you know they'll regret it later.
    - People do this all the time.. It isn't rape, but I don't think its great either.
    5) you threaten to withdraw support for an individual if they don't have sex with you (not support that they need, like a job, money for living expenses or healthcare, but some other type of support that they can survive without)
    - Again. Not rape.. but blackmail? Certainly. Whether they choose to give into it or not is up to them.. but blackmail I think is illegal somehow.
    6) you threaten to withdraw support that the individual does need (such as those listed above)
    - Absolutely blackmail. I don't know if it can be legally considered rape.. but It could be? I'd consider it so. Holding a social gun to their head.
    7) you make your spouse have sex with you after they have been witholding it from you
    - Hm. This is a very touchy subject.. I think it is rape if you make them have sex with you.
    8) someone has consented to have sex with you. you're in the middle of things and they say "stop!" and you don't
    - Yes. Rape.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Since no one acts against their will while hypnotized, no. Hollywood hypnosis, yes.

No. Unless they pass out.

No.

No.

No.

Borderline. Extortion is pretty close to rape, so I'll say yes.

"Make"? If you "make" anyone have sex, that's rape. Unless "make" is being defined differently here.

Yes.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    would these hypothetical situations be considered rape?

Literally hypnotize? Yes. But many people use various methods to draw others to them (charisma, interpersonal skills, wowing, beer-goggles and No, I don't think this is.)

Walks a close line, but probably not. It's tacki and classless, but if someone is over the legal drinking age, sexual consent age, and is coherent (they are not black out drunk, drugged, etc. they are aware of what is going on) they are responsible for their actions. If they consent, they consent. But it is NEVER a situation I'd reccomend. If their coherence is at all in question, you'd be walking a fine line.

Ofcourse not. This is ageism, not rape.

Super lame, tacky, pathetic.. but still not rape. If they are consenual in the moment, the other party is not responsible to analyze how this other person is going to later respond or feel about it.

Nope, exploitation/extortion.. but they are still consenting.

Still exploitation/extortion, not rape.

Yes. Forcing yourself on someone against their will IS rape. Title doesn't matter.

Yes.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post

Since no one acts against their will while hypnotized, no. Hollywood hypnosis, yes.
    :c All these new smilies and I still don't have one that waggles eyebrows in comedic lust.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    :c All these new smilies and I still don't have one that waggles eyebrows in comedic lust.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

1. Hypnosis doesn't really work that way. If it did, then yes.
    2. No, not if the person made a choice to drink, and is not drunk to the point of being incapacitated
    3. Depends how young we're talking about here. If the person is an adult, definitely not.
    4. No, manipulation isn't rape.
    5. No, but it's an asshole thing to do
    6. No, but it's even more of an asshole thing to do
    7. Yes, being denied sex does not turn 'rape' into 'not rape'
    8. Yes