• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is it rape if...

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
would these hypothetical situations be considered rape?

1) you hypnotize someone into having sex with you
2) you get someone drunk so that you can manipulate them to have sex with you
3) you have sex with someone controversially younger than you, but they consent
4) you manipulate someone into having sex with you when you know they'll regret it later.
5) you threaten to withdraw support for an individual if they don't have sex with you (not support that they need, like a job, money for living expenses or healthcare, but some other type of support that they can survive without)
6) you threaten to withdraw support that the individual does need (such as those listed above)
7) you make your spouse have sex with you after they have been witholding it from you
8) someone has consented to have sex with you. you're in the middle of things and they say "stop!" and you don't

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes. And courting is rape, too. Oh wait, you've got that already (Number 4).

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1) yes
2) yes
3) no if they're mentally capable of deciding for themselves; if you're consciously taking advantage of the situation - then yes
4) somewhat debateable. Not rape as such, but questionable behavior.
5) yes
6) yes
7) yes
8) yes

I would consider 5, 6 and 7 more as sexual assault than actual rape, but morally it doesn't really make much of a difference.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
- If you've discussed it first, no.
- Yes. Legally, in the United States, you cannot consent under the influence. How seriously this is taken is case-by-case basis.. so it's better to err on the side of caution.
- If they're over the legal limit, I don't really care. Also, I'm iffy on the 14-18 years old sort of bits, but I still think they should wait.
4) you manipulate someone into having sex with you when you know they'll regret it later.
- :laugh: People do this all the time.. It isn't rape, but I don't think its great either.
5) you threaten to withdraw support for an individual if they don't have sex with you (not support that they need, like a job, money for living expenses or healthcare, but some other type of support that they can survive without)
- :shrug: Again. Not rape.. but blackmail? Certainly. Whether they choose to give into it or not is up to them.. but blackmail I think is illegal somehow.
6) you threaten to withdraw support that the individual does need (such as those listed above)
- Absolutely blackmail. I don't know if it can be legally considered rape.. but :shrug: It could be? I'd consider it so. Holding a social gun to their head.
7) you make your spouse have sex with you after they have been witholding it from you
- Hm. This is a very touchy subject.. I think it is rape if you make them have sex with you.
8) someone has consented to have sex with you. you're in the middle of things and they say "stop!" and you don't
- Yes. Rape.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Since no one acts against their will while hypnotized, no. Hollywood hypnosis, yes.

No. Unless they pass out.

No.

No.

No.

Borderline. Extortion is pretty close to rape, so I'll say yes.

"Make"? If you "make" anyone have sex, that's rape. Unless "make" is being defined differently here.

Yes.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx

Literally hypnotize? Yes. But many people use various methods to draw others to them (charisma, interpersonal skills, wowing, beer-goggles and No, I don't think this is.)

Walks a close line, but probably not. It's tacki and classless, but if someone is over the legal drinking age, sexual consent age, and is coherent (they are not black out drunk, drugged, etc. they are aware of what is going on) they are responsible for their actions. If they consent, they consent. But it is NEVER a situation I'd reccomend. If their coherence is at all in question, you'd be walking a fine line.

Ofcourse not. This is ageism, not rape.

Super lame, tacky, pathetic.. but still not rape. If they are consenual in the moment, the other party is not responsible to analyze how this other person is going to later respond or feel about it.

Nope, exploitation/extortion.. but they are still consenting.

Still exploitation/extortion, not rape.

Yes. Forcing yourself on someone against their will IS rape. Title doesn't matter.

Yes.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram

Since no one acts against their will while hypnotized, no. Hollywood hypnosis, yes.

:c All these new smilies and I still don't have one that waggles eyebrows in comedic lust.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:c All these new smilies and I still don't have one that waggles eyebrows in comedic lust.

charade.gif

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1. Hypnosis doesn't really work that way. If it did, then yes.
2. No, not if the person made a choice to drink, and is not drunk to the point of being incapacitated
3. Depends how young we're talking about here. If the person is an adult, definitely not.
4. No, manipulation isn't rape.
5. No, but it's an asshole thing to do
6. No, but it's even more of an asshole thing to do
7. Yes, being denied sex does not turn 'rape' into 'not rape'
8. Yes

Lark

Any note of compulsion or coercion and its rape.

Yes I do consider childhood seductions rape too. I do consider adults courting adolescents inappropriate and any sex occuring likely to be tantamount to rape also. No excuses.

To be honest I always find threads like this a little detestable in so far as they appear to always raise doubts about the idea of rape, it seems to be their entire purpose, similarly with debates about the age of majority or age of conscent to sexual acts.

Here's how I see it, there are serious questions if someone is seducing people so much their junior as to why they need to do so, why cant they have relationships with their peers? Likewise why would anyone need to employ such tactics as the others mentioned to have sex? Is it even sex?

I ask that seriously because even if its not legally proven rape, I would not qualify any of that behaviour as sex, its beyond selfish, it involves objectifying the other and its something like masturbation using another's body.

That's the least disgusting description I can think of for it and it reminds me of the bit in Hitch when Will Smith's character puts the smack down on the guy who I suspect represents the majority of the PUA readers and players and questions whether he even likes women.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Yes

No. Because it's always a personal decision to be drunk.

If they are under the age of consent in the country where you are, it's a "statutory rape", not a real rape.

No. Manipulate is not forcing.

No, that's simply a negociation.

No, same as the above.

Yes.

Yes.

Helios

MBTI Type
INTP

I don't believe this is even possible.

What is meant by "drunk"?

What is meant by "controversially younger"?

No, of course not.

No.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
The second one, I think, can be called rape if, for example, you spiked hir drink without s/he knowing. Otherwise, it's kind of a muddy area, but a dick move nonetheless.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh fuck no not the rape thread again!

"I've never heard of a criminal called Rape Ape."

"That's because his name is RAPIER Ape."

"An ape that's even Rapier than Rape Ape?!"

"Please God, tell me there's no Rapiest Ape."

"No, he's called Rapier Ape because he uses a rapier. It's a type of sword."

"He rapes people with a sword?!"

"I'd rather be raped with a penis."

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What if she's already dead? Is it still rape?

And what if you're a 5 and she's a 10? Is it rape?

Or what if she's got a rich dad and you're from the ghetto? (Oh, who am I kidding, that's definitely rape!)