User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I'm also going to agree with Magic Poriferan's post. His thoughts mirror mine.

How about we all just get consent and stuff. Why approach a 'fuzzy line' about whether it's rape or not? Lets just all have sex when there is clear consent.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    Agreed. How on earth is someone saying "No" or "Stop" NOT considered rape if you continue?

I think it's not a rape at this point if you simply realease the puree, and then stop.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I'm also going to agree with Magic Poriferan's post. His thoughts mirror mine.

How about we all just get consent and stuff. Why approach a 'fuzzy line' about whether it's rape or not? Lets just all have sex when there is clear consent.
    I would agree and, to be honest, how desperate would you have to be to think otherwise, that you'll try and get "it" any which way. Like I said before this is a sort of consequence of the way in which sex is conceived or conceptualised, like any other commodity.

Rainy Day Member Ingrid in grids's Avatar

I only take 7 and 8 to classify as rape. 3 could also potentially be rape, though not enough information is given. If the younger participant is very clearly a child, then yes I would call rape.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

some of them are clearly rape, all of them are douchebaggy (well, depending wtf "controversial age" means....if it's 18, fine, if it's 12 not so fine)

do you want to know if they should be illegal, or if they're just immoral? I'd say all of those are immoral, although some of them would be tricky to put into legal words, and many are already legal rape (although coercion is a fuzzy legal area).

I think statutory "rape" should be called something else though, with the exception of children who are actually too young to consent at all. I don't consider coercion to be rape, but it is pretty slimy.
    -end of thread-

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

How safe is it to participate in rape fantasies? Isn't the biggest burden on the "rapist" to trust the "rapee"?

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

All sex is rape!

If they consent, it's their hormones telling them to consent!

Unless they want a baby, then it's not rape. All sex is rape except if it is to consentually impregnate.

True story.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    would these hypothetical situations be considered rape?

1) you hypnotize someone into having sex with you
    2) you get someone drunk so that you can manipulate them to have sex with you
    3) you have sex with someone controversially younger than you, but they consent
    4) you manipulate someone into having sex with you when you know they'll regret it later.
    5) you threaten to withdraw support for an individual if they don't have sex with you (not support that they need, like a job, money for living expenses or healthcare, but some other type of support that they can survive without)
    6) you threaten to withdraw support that the individual does need (such as those listed above)
    7) you make your spouse have sex with you after they have been witholding it from you
    8) someone has consented to have sex with you. you're in the middle of things and they say "stop!" and you don't
    What prompted you to start this thread?
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    What prompted you to start this thread?
    Orientation? Creepy.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I'm no expert, but isn't consent sometimes implied? Or do you always ask, in no uncertain terms, if you can engage in intercourse with your spouse? I've read something about that recently...