User Tag List

First 81617181920 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    It is a community, with forums, get togethers and Tupperware parties.
    Where lids slide seamlessly over all kinds of edges.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    It is a community, with forums, get togethers and Tupperware parties.
    Really? I didn't know that... This thread is quite edumacational!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I don't agree that a chump (man taken advantage of by a woman into spending money on her) is equivalent to rape.

But then again, I don't think a man manipulating a woman into having sex with him is rape either.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I don't agree that a chump (man taken advantage of by a woman into spending money on her) is equivalent to rape.

But then again, I don't think a man manipulating a woman into having sex with him is rape either.
    Manipulation is a big word. There are some means through which someone can be manipulated that could probably be considered worse than 'just rape'. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post

The unifying factor is that one person is dehumanizing, objectifying, and using the other to satisfy a personal desire, regardless of the other person's feelings on the matter. That's what ends up hurting the other person the most; not the particular means of doing so per se.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    The unifying factor is that one person is dehumanizing, objectifying, and using the other to satisfy a personal desire, regardless of the other person's feelings on the matter. That's what ends up hurting the other person the most; not the particular means of doing so per se.
    I say rape is all that and more.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

but doesn't that broad criteria cover a lot of the human condition in general?
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    but doesn't that broad criteria cover a lot of the human condition in general?
    Yeah. We're pretty much assholes to one another, if we don't know you personally.

That's the answer to the question "why is there so much evil in the world?" BTW

MBTI
    IsFJ

Yes, but I'd say one is about exploitation of someone else's resources and the other one is about violation of someone else's body and possibly subjugation by violent means... Apples and oranges, methinks.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Yes, but I'd say one is about exploitation of someone else's resources and the other one is about violation of someone else's body and possibly subjugation by violent means... Apples and oranges, methinks.
    Only if you consider physical harm to be "worse" than psychological harm. I do not.