User Tag List

First 51314151617 Last

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    You know, men are human beings with emotions, too.
    Sometimes, and sometimes they are breathing wallets with flashing dollar signs over their heads.

Which is why I'd caution men who think they can buy affection or anything else from a woman.

In the above scenario I'm describing, I assume the man is very well aware of what he is doing and is actively trying to buy an exchange from a woman which is why I show very little sympathy for the dood in question. They are trying to play a game but play poorly.

Outside of that kind of scenario, of course I have empathy for both men and women trying to find love in the world.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I have nothing against women who use men for money or get men to spend lots of money on them. Feminine wiles have been the only viable bargaining/survival tool/social currency/option for women for many, many generations. If a man is trying to buy sex from a woman and then doesn't get it, can you really fault the woman? I don't. Next time a dood is tempted to throw money at a girl hoping her panties fly off, just remember that no woman is obligated to thank men with her body so if you still strike out you have no one to blame but yourself. If you want that kind of 'sure thing' go to a professional.
    A lot of women want to have the same rights as men and want to be offered the same opportunities as men. Women have been marginalized throughout history, and yet, aside from a few physical limitations, are just as capable at doing anything else that men do. So I'm all for the equal rights for women. However, when women were treated as children back in the olden days, there were systems set up to assure womens well being, given the fact that they were restrained from taking care of themselves. Things like chivalry, the expectation that men cover the tabs during social outings, etc. If women had equal rights, none of those things would have been necessary. So when women get the same opportunities as men, it is only fair that the prior expecations of men's chivalrous behavior should be done away with. Just as men are taught that women are equals in the workplace and schools, and women are reminded that they are, indeed, equals, women should be taught to pay their share of the tab, and men should be reminded, that prior social expectation of them being the bankroller are antiquated and inappropriate.

Which gets me to my point. For a woman to actively exploit archaic social expectations while at the same time demanding equal rights is a downright shitty, two faced behavior.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    A lot of women want to have the same rights as men and want to be offered the same opportunities as men. Women have been marginalized throughout history, and yet, aside from a few physical limitations, are just as capable at doing anything else that men do. So I'm all for the equal rights for women. However, when women were treated as children back in the olden days, there were systems set up to assure womens well being, given the fact that they were restrained from taking care of themselves. Things like chivalry, the expectation that men cover the tabs during social outings, etc. If women had equal rights, none of those things would have been necessary. So when women get the same opportunities as men, it is only fair that the prior expecations of men's chivalrous behavior should be done away with. Just as men are taught that women are equals in the workplace and schools, and women are reminded that they are, indeed, equals, women should be taught to pay their share of the tab, and men should be reminded, that prior social expectation of them being the bankroller are antiquated and inappropriate.

Which gets me to my point. For a woman to actively exploit archaic social expectations while at the same time demanding equal rights is a downright shitty, two faced behavior.
    She can only exploit it so much as men present the opportunity to her or proposition her. And I think women who are in these situations are well aware of their precarious status riding a thin line between 'modern empowerment' and 'the oldest profession known to man'.

If you're talking about how men and women should go dutch on every date, meh. Equality doesn't have to come down to going 50/50 each and every time.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

Johari/Nohari

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

She can only exploit it so much as men present the opportunity to her or proposition her. And I think women who are in these situations are well aware of their precarious status riding a thin line between 'modern empowerment' and 'the oldest profession known to man'.

If you're talking about how men and women should go dutch on every date, meh. Equality doesn't have to come down to going 50/50 each and every time.
    Do lesbians automatically go dutch on every date? What way does equality work then?

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Do lesbians automatically go dutch on every date? What way does equality work then?
    Whhhat? Personally, going Dutch all the time is a major turn off. I can't imagine this kind of insistence of separation changing when we're coupled. The rule I go buy is whoever asked the other person out is the one who pays for the meal. Then eventually you take turns or it evens out somehow - one person buys dinner, the other person pays for the movie. Geez, equanimity is not the same as mathematical equality.

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ

An honest woman shouldn't be exploiting anyone. Especially a poor sap who has a romantic interest in her.

Its nice to do something for someone you like, and I don't have anything against that sentiment.

I just don't like people talking about "fair" when they really want "more than fair"
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I think if woman can con a man into paying for dinner and a show and give him nothing in return more power to them. Dating is about as fair as a carnival hucksters game.

Paying for an evening out is a gift. It is not a contract.

If the man feels like his expectations are not satified he can stop asking the women out. Stop dating that person is an option to avoid wasting time. Choosing hookups and coffee dates vs. full evening outs with those you are not already fucking is another.

People, regardless of what they say publically, generally don't want equality. They just don't want less than equal and idealy much better than equal. The word "Equality" is just a psudonym to manipulate others with guilt trips or other means.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

[YOUTUBE="aUaXAsMda9M"]Get Money[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    GONE

An honest woman shouldn't be exploiting anyone. Especially a poor sap who has a romantic interest in her.
    True that a virtuous woman wouldn't mislead a man for personal gain. Though I think in many situations, both the man and woman know full well what game they are both playing and are being honest about their motivation. Hence thought-provoking lyrics such as "it ain't trickin' if you got it".

Its nice to do something for someone you like, and I don't have anything against that sentiment.

I just don't like people talking about "fair" when they really want "more than fair"
    Fair enough.

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Sometimes, and sometimes they are breathing wallets with flashing dollar signs over their heads.
    I'm sure they'd disagree.

Which is why I'd caution men who think they can buy affection or anything else from a woman.
    Well, when nothing else seems to work...

In the above scenario I'm describing, I assume the man is very well aware of what he is doing and is actively trying to buy an exchange from a woman which is why I show very little sympathy for the dood in question. They are trying to play a game but play poorly.
    Perhaps out of desperation?

Outside of that kind of scenario, of course I have empathy for both men and women trying to find love in the world.
    I'm not sure you can.