Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Yup. There's a vast distinction in perception based on the various power dynamics of the situation. If either of the parties feels like they have been exploited by the other, then something is wrong about that.
    That doesn't make it rape though.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Calling everything under the sun rape seems to diminish the seriousness of real rape (i.e. rape: unconsentual sexual intercourse with another)

Is it rape if...
    would these hypothetical situations be considered rape?

1) you hypnotize someone into having sex with you. If hypnotism was able to take away anothers ability to consent, but it does not.

2) you get someone drunk so that you can manipulate them to have sex with you. If the victim were too drunk to be able to consent (not just say it but be mentally sound enough to mean it).

3) you have sex with someone controversially younger than you, but they consent. If they were under the legal age to consent under the law (most places 18 years old then its statutory rape. Varies jurisdiction to jurisdiction esp if male is also a minor or younger than the victim might be mitigated sex crime)

4) you manipulate someone into having sex with you when you know they'll regret it later. Doesn't sound like rape unless the manipulation was so significant as to be unconsentual at the time of intercourse. There must be a unity of mens rea and actus reus(i.e pointing gun at victim or another to the point of being under extreme duress)

5) you threaten to withdraw support for an individual if they don't have sex with you (not support that they need, like a job, money for living expenses or healthcare, but some other type of support that they can survive without) Not rape unless perhaps if you had a legal duty to maintain or continue support. Cant drive a date to the middle of nowwhere and say "put out or get out" because that might be rape

6) you threaten to withdraw support that the individual does need (such as those listed above)Not rape unless perhaps if legal duty to maintain, extortion or other extreme duress; see above)

7) you make your spouse have sex with you after they have been withholding it from you. If you "make" without their consent its rape. If you make with their consent then not rape.

8) someone has consented to have sex with you. you're in the middle of things and they say "stop!" and you don't. Consent may be withdrawn for sex. Thus when consent withdrawn then must stop. Not much case law on this that I am aware of but I am sure that a reasonable amount of time to process the withdrawal and act on it is allowed. If the woman likes to yell stop, start, stop, start during sex it is probably a good idea to get your rocks off with someone else instead as she is a head case who will lead you to prison.

Avoid having sex with someone you dont know at least pretty good because it can be easy to prosecute you if they decide to lie about not consenting. If you go to prison for rape it will be "hard time". Prisoners hate rapists...maybe to the point of raping you for it.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    IsFJ

Is it considered "rape" is a woman does it? Like, with... artificial equipment? /honestly curious

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Is it considered "rape" is a woman does it? Like, with... artificial equipment? /honestly curious
    Of course it is.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Only if the man presses charges......
    And what are the chances of that happening?

"She raped me, Judge!"
    (Plaintiff gets laughed out of court.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    That doesn't make it rape though.
    You saw that I distinguished between "molestation" and "sexual assault/rape" in my post.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    You saw that I distinguished between "molestation" and "sexual assault/rape" in my post.
    Several of those situations had clear consent, just something like regret afterward.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

That is not sexual intercourse that is sodomy/sexual assault. I am unaware of any jurisdiction that has prosecuted a female for "rape" (besides statutory rape)
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    That is not sexual intercourse that is sodomy/sexual assault. I am unaware of any jurisdiction that has prosecuted a female for "rape" (besides statutory rape)
    Hmmm... I didn't know there was a distinction. I learn something new every day!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Hmmm... I didn't know there was a distinction. I learn something new every day!
    Rape has its own sentencing scheme and since it has been a crime since the early days of the common law there is a lot of case law distinguishing it. Nevertheless there are tons of illegal acts in the western world for a person to be punished for so for most of us the distinguishment is academic