Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyDigestion View Post
    Yeah, I can't help it, I'm American... you've probably learned by now we tend to enjoy speaking in a rather goofy manner.
    it's not being american, it's called being an NFP
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

OMG... I just had the most amazing post typed up on this... but I got logged out & it disappeared, fuck!

The basic idea, though-- it was directed at Lark-- was that although beyond-the-pale stuff is definitely more than possible with things like rape, humor in general is a necessary defense mechanism against the ineradicability of evil. I think it's not only healthier but also wiser & more effective than moral crusading, especially for victims. Although by no means am I saying anyone forget their morality. And I agree that rape is definitely one topic where people tend to display failures of sensitivity & empathy (which rarely seem to exist in internet culture).
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

1) you hypnotize someone into having sex with you

Since no one acts against their will while hypnotized, no. Hollywood hypnosis, yes.

2) you get someone drunk so that you can manipulate them to have sex with you

No. Unless they pass out.

3) you have sex with someone controversially younger than you, but they consent

No.

4) you manipulate someone into having sex with you when you know they'll regret it later.

No.

5) you threaten to withdraw support for an individual if they don't have sex with you (not support that they need, like a job, money for living expenses or healthcare, but some other type of support that they can survive without)

No.

6) you threaten to withdraw support that the individual does need (such as those listed above)

Borderline. Extortion is pretty close to rape, so I'll say yes.

7) you make your spouse have sex with you after they have been witholding it from you

"Make"? If you "make" anyone have sex, that's rape. Unless "make" is being defined differently here.

8) someone has consented to have sex with you. you're in the middle of things and they say "stop!" and you don't

Yes.
    I pretty much agree with MacGuff on this one.

Except for #6. I would say no.

Like he said, it's borderline extortion, but I would lean the other way.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Whilest you might be right and I won't dispute that you are. I have to wonder, what makes you say that?

There might be many, many people wrongly accused and locked up witout the truth ever surfacing. The false accusations and conviction of innocents that were ultimately proven to be false accusations and innocent convictions are at a low rate, but how many possible cases remain unsolved is unknown to all. :P
    The problem with this attitude is that it casts further doubt on the victims who, considering those who are pursuing prosecution against their assaulters, already have the burden of proof and are subject to a horrific, invasive circus about details such how tight her pants were or how sexually alluring her voice is, dragging out her entire sexual history in front of a courtroom of countless strangers with lines of questioning attempting to prove that since she's been freely sexually available to others in the past, of course she implicitly consented this time.

Very few rape cases are reported, very few are prosecuted, very few are won. Just look at Roman Polanski. What you're doing right now? Pondering the innocent cases that may have slipped through which have to be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt to an often unsympathetic or suspicious jury in the first place? Is casting doubt on the victims of for real violent sexual assault.

You may find this article interesting:
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...g-effect_n.htm

Most of these on Elfboy's list waver between coercive sex to coercive rape. The seond to last one, with the marriage situation: marriage is not a hand-waving into presumed consent. Consent must be given within a marriag just as it must be given outside of marriage. The last one is absolutely, categorically rape.
    5w4 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENFJ

I'm tempted to post something that is somewhat irrelevant but at the same time it seems TOTALLY relevant.. So I'm just gonna go balls out and say it.

During a Sex Ed unit a few years ago, my friend would constantly interrogate the teacher about what is considered rape.

One of the scenarios would be if someone was getting raped, but mid-rape they started liking it, would it still be rape?
    He felt uncomfortable addressing the question.
    Your epidermis is showing. <3

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Simi View Post
    I'm tempted to post something that is somewhat irrelevant but at the same time it seems TOTALLY relevant.. So I'm just gonna go balls out and say it.

During a Sex Ed unit a few years ago, my friend would constantly interrogate the teacher about what is considered rape.

One of the scenarios would be if someone was getting raped, but mid-rape they started liking it, would it still be rape?
    By "liking it" do you mean strictly a physical sexual response? Which as addressed Earlier is quite common (and adds to the trauma for some). If you meant a larger "chose to consent" and not for coercive reasoning (to make it easier, to get it over with, to reduce possible health issues) but because they were uninhibitedly enjoying themselves, then it would be up to the individual to decide if that consent later covered the initial assault.

As far as your friend... Well, no offense meant, they were probably trying to be provocative, but people who try to find holes or weird elaborate scenarios in sexual consent skeeve me out, because it starts sounding too much like trying to trip people up on technicalities rather than treating people with respect. It's reasonably simple: if you're not sure, don't have sex with them.
    5w4 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTJ

What if prior to intercourse a couple agreed to "just a tip", but then during the deed he went balls deep?

Is that rape?
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

What if prior to intercourse a couple agreed to "just a tip", but then during the deed he went balls deep?

Is that rape?
    [YOUTUBE="qS-7zTzrSAA"]Just the tip[/YOUTUBE]

Consent was either given, or it wasn't. That's what's relevant.
    Whether they liked it or not doesn't change the fact the illegal act took place.
    The future is for the unafraid.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post

Is that rape?
    I'm sorry that happened to you Edgar. Did he hurt you? I have the number of a good counselor if you need it.

Uuuuh what?

This disturbs me since that infamous questionnaire years ago to middle schoolers showed a majority thinking a girl owed guy sex on a date if he spent so much money on the date, I think if he bought her dinner or something.

Dood. Feminists in the 60s already re-wrote laws on this (or are still trying to). Physical responses in sex, including having an orgasm, do not preclude or absolve rape.

Also, was your friend a guy? Because if I were teaching sex ed and some guy in my class kept interrupting me about 'would this legally be rape? would this? how about his?' I would probably be thinking 'holy shit, future sex offender is asking me for tips'. Also, your teacher is not a legal expert and most grown men educators haven't really had training in how to discuss rape/sexual abuse/etc. with students, everything gets very fuzzy. I think in this new millenium there is more sensitivity (?) and awareness (?) about this that they try to teach in schools (?) but for all the hypersexualization of youth in popular media, I think there's still very little dialogue around this.

And seriously "liking" rape? That's kind of an oxy-moron. I don't think anyone gets accused of loving being mugged or run over by cars, but I'm sure in the 11 pages of this thread other people have pointed that out.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari