• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who Wants to Live Forever?

Do you want to live forever?

• Total voters

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Only if I get to fight other immortals for the prize.
Otherwise it will get kind of boring after a few centuries.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not sure if I do want but if the option was given I'd take it. Why? Because I'm used to being alive and it is supposed to be better than ''being'' dead.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Only if I get to fight other immortals for the prize.
Otherwise it will get kind of boring after a few centuries.

There's nothing like the mega-jizz.

images

Agent Jelly

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I'm dipping into another types forum, my apologies!

I really would not want to live forever, I think it'd become very boring. Plus we get all nasty looking and our bodies fall apart with age. BUT if I was like a vampire and stayed in mint super condition, I may consider it. But I'd have to be a daywalker. I really like me some sunshine! This makes me think of the supernatural episode with the crazy scientist dude who had created immortality and looked really ugly and kept having to replace his body parts.

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A new and different life after death would be nice. But living the same life for all eternity sounds like torture.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I would like to live forever. I don't see why it would get any more boring as it goes on. It certainly hasn't yet and there's much more out there to see and do and learn than I can possibly do in one lifetime. I would venture a guess that it would take a really fucking long time to learn everything there is to learn out there and know everyone there is to know.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For the ones that answered a straight No:
If you were given that chance right now, would you decline?
In case the answer is still no, imagine you are old and almost dying. I know it is hard to assume the perspective, but would you still decline the opportunity and just die?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd love to live forever in some form or another. Although maybe not in physical form.

A

Anew Leaf

there is no try, only doooo

I asked because the poll seemed wide open and then I read the OP and saw the part about IXTP. Which I "barely" miss.... Of course I am Fi-dom so I keep my F-ness hidden... so perhaps no one will suspect me!

Anyways... I do NOT want to live forever. At the end of my life I will close the windows, bring down the curtains, blow out the candle, and leave the doors unlocked.

Seeing the state the world is in today... I really am not down for how it will be in 50 years much less 150 years. Maybe 500 years if humanity has blown itself to bits, and I can live in some natural forest.... mmm, on second thought, still no.

@Jim - that's why I was asking. I did not vote to skew your scientific results. :D

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I would want to consciously exist in some form, always.

But if I had to remain in a human form, even if that body did not age, I think that I would become tired of it within a few hundred years, and begin to really consider the great eternal sleep a comfort.

I have worked with the older population and seen this in people by 70, and people that are in tremendous pain or exhaustion. I wish everyone was given as much time as they wanted to experience and grow, and that they could check-out on their own terms.

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
I have worked with the older population and seen this in people by 70, and people that are in tremendous pain or exhaustion. I wish everyone was given as much time as they wanted to experience and grow, and that they could check-out on their own terms.

Yes, the body often gives up before the mind.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not sure. Sometimes I want to die already, simply because I'm tired, felt like I've dealt with a lot in my life, and would be happy to let go.

And it's the same pattern -- always searching for something new to occupy one's attention so as not to be bored. The cycle might get repetetive after awhile.

And it would be painful knowing that everyone I know and love would get old and die, while I would continue to live. After awhile, it might feel fruitless to even bother connecting with anyone, since they're going to be gone anyway soon enough and the loss process would occur all over again.

... then again, when you're offered the choice to die, who actually wants to take it? There's a life instinct that wants to keep on keeping on.

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
Perhaps too many people take the gift of a healthy life for granted.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Yeah I'm down.

Do I have to hide that I can live a long time though? Because I don't want to be persecuted my whole life and spend it on the run. I also don't want to be sick or indigent. I don't want to be 'locked in' as I am now, like the vampires in those "Interview With a Vampire" books. Also, am I indestructible? I dunno wanna be like the ladies in "Death Becomes Her".

If I could live forever as a healthy, able-bodied, sound mind person who isn't being hunted down or persecuted, then sure! Why not?

If I get real bored I'll just become an alcoholic or something for a few decades then snap out of it in time for the revolution.

0.o

I think living through the birth and death of loved ones would force me to grow profoundly as a person. I wonder how a person's personality would change through the years?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do I have to hide that I can live a long time though? Because I don't want to be persecuted my whole life and spend it on the run. I also don't want to be sick or indigent. I don't want to be 'locked in' as I am now, like the vampires in those "Interview With a Vampire" books. Also, am I indestructible? I dunno wanna be like the ladies in "Death Becomes Her".

I dunno, maybe I could handle being a vampire if I could look like Kate Beckinsale forever without running down. :)

I think living through the birth and death of loved ones would force me to grow profoundly as a person. I wonder how a person's personality would change through the years?

That's actually an excellent question. I've only been alive forty years or so, and I've already experienced some major shift in self-perception, enough that I look back at the person I was when I was twenty and see that self as a stranger in many ways. It must be disorienting/unsettling to constantly be "losing" old selves that, of changing so much that it's hard to maintain continuity.