User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you want to live forever?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

19 59.38%
  • No,

8 25.00%
  • I'm neutrally neutral and grey :|

5 15.63%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Are we talking safe from 'natural' death, or murder too? What about everyone else in our society?

Forever is a long time.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...461&highlight=

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Is this only open to select types? Or can ah vote?
    there is no try, only doooo

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Is this only open to select types? Or can ah vote?
    Naturally if the OP does not say otherwise then of course it is open to all types!

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Jelly View Post
    there is no try, only doooo
    I asked because the poll seemed wide open and then I read the OP and saw the part about IXTP. Which I "barely" miss.... Of course I am Fi-dom so I keep my F-ness hidden... so perhaps no one will suspect me!

Anyways... I do NOT want to live forever. At the end of my life I will close the windows, bring down the curtains, blow out the candle, and leave the doors unlocked.

Seeing the state the world is in today... I really am not down for how it will be in 50 years much less 150 years. Maybe 500 years if humanity has blown itself to bits, and I can live in some natural forest.... mmm, on second thought, still no.

@Jim - that's why I was asking. I did not vote to skew your scientific results.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

I would want to consciously exist in some form, always.

But if I had to remain in a human form, even if that body did not age, I think that I would become tired of it within a few hundred years, and begin to really consider the great eternal sleep a comfort.

I have worked with the older population and seen this in people by 70, and people that are in tremendous pain or exhaustion. I wish everyone was given as much time as they wanted to experience and grow, and that they could check-out on their own terms.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    I have worked with the older population and seen this in people by 70, and people that are in tremendous pain or exhaustion. I wish everyone was given as much time as they wanted to experience and grow, and that they could check-out on their own terms.
    Yes, the body often gives up before the mind.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm not sure. Sometimes I want to die already, simply because I'm tired, felt like I've dealt with a lot in my life, and would be happy to let go.

And it's the same pattern -- always searching for something new to occupy one's attention so as not to be bored. The cycle might get repetetive after awhile.

And it would be painful knowing that everyone I know and love would get old and die, while I would continue to live. After awhile, it might feel fruitless to even bother connecting with anyone, since they're going to be gone anyway soon enough and the loss process would occur all over again.

... then again, when you're offered the choice to die, who actually wants to take it? There's a life instinct that wants to keep on keeping on.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Perhaps too many people take the gift of a healthy life for granted.

MBTI
    GONE

Yeah I'm down.

Do I have to hide that I can live a long time though? Because I don't want to be persecuted my whole life and spend it on the run. I also don't want to be sick or indigent. I don't want to be 'locked in' as I am now, like the vampires in those "Interview With a Vampire" books. Also, am I indestructible? I dunno wanna be like the ladies in "Death Becomes Her".

If I could live forever as a healthy, able-bodied, sound mind person who isn't being hunted down or persecuted, then sure! Why not?

If I get real bored I'll just become an alcoholic or something for a few decades then snap out of it in time for the revolution.

0.o

I think living through the birth and death of loved ones would force me to grow profoundly as a person. I wonder how a person's personality would change through the years?
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Do I have to hide that I can live a long time though? Because I don't want to be persecuted my whole life and spend it on the run. I also don't want to be sick or indigent. I don't want to be 'locked in' as I am now, like the vampires in those "Interview With a Vampire" books. Also, am I indestructible? I dunno wanna be like the ladies in "Death Becomes Her".
    I dunno, maybe I could handle being a vampire if I could look like Kate Beckinsale forever without running down.

I think living through the birth and death of loved ones would force me to grow profoundly as a person. I wonder how a person's personality would change through the years?
    That's actually an excellent question. I've only been alive forty years or so, and I've already experienced some major shift in self-perception, enough that I look back at the person I was when I was twenty and see that self as a stranger in many ways. It must be disorienting/unsettling to constantly be "losing" old selves that, of changing so much that it's hard to maintain continuity.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft