User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    Opinions are like ass holes: everyone has one (and most stink). But not everyone realizes this with the same depth, which often raises polarity/friction/clashing issues, resulting in either piss contests or incessant, pointless, ping-pong based delivery of said opinions, raising the page count without adding any substance. So, I wonder, is there moral value? Or should there be?

When people participate, each individual will do so for their own reasons. Often enough it's just another flavour of their sense of self, and thus, for whomever that's stuck in egoland and identification/struggle with thought, and either unware of it entirely, or of whatever is the extent, will fall for this conflicting behavior which is in the nature of such entrapment, and fight fiercely at all external attempts to even bring awareness to it, not to mention the inability to not take any discussion as a threat.
    I fight this tendency in myself all the time. I think that many times I do take comments as a threat more than it was meant to be, but I try not to show it, and many times I realize by not showing it, that they originally didn't mean it as a threat. Sometimes I get carried away with it, but I am improving.

No, I don't think it's right to post opinions that aren't mine. Unfortunately, many times I don't know what my opinion is until I grow it within a thread. My opinions can get complicated, and I ramble and am too lengthy. I'm trying tho.....
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Quote Originally Posted by Phantonym View Post
    No, it's not wrong. But anybody who expresses anything anywhere better be prepared for others to express their opinions as well and not act like immature brats when it's not what they want to hear.
    although this isn't new to me, but it still doesn't cease to surprise me how so many fail to realize it. But I guess it goes with what I wrote earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post
    Yes, few things irritate me more than someone who goes around declaring The Truth and then acts like they've been somehow wronged when someone else takes the opposite position.

I'm the beginning perhaps, but then time allows for realizing how becoming bothered is also part of the same blindspot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    yes totally...never do that.

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    I fight this tendency in myself all the time. I think that many times I do take comments as a threat more than it was meant to be, but I try not to show it, and many times I realize by not showing it, that they originally didn't mean it as a threat. Sometimes I get carried away with it, but I am improving.

No, I don't think it's right to post opinions that aren't mine. Unfortunately, many times I don't know what my opinion is until I grow it within a thread. My opinions can get complicated, and I ramble and am too lengthy. I'm trying tho.....
    We're all subject to this to some extent, some more than others. I myself am no exception, as it is a constant, life-long work in progress. Becoming aware is all it takes to begin the journey.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Anew Leaf

...which do not concur with our (oneself) own? Yes/No?

Discuss.
    Hence my sarcasm, mockery, and bizarre stories that I post.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

...which do not concur with our (oneself) own? Yes/No?

Discuss.

D'you mean is it wrong to play devil's advocate in a discussion?
    If that's the case, I don't think it's necessarily damaging- it can open up a lot of other avenues to explore the topic more indepth, and ey, learning's always fun. Granted, depending on the delivery, and the people involved, it might be greeted with defensiveness and hostility, but there are ways around that, I s'pose.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Opinions are weak. I believe it is wrong for anyone to express anything other than a fact on the internet.

If you can effectively argue the other side of your own beliefs, you probably do understand the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    D'you mean is it wrong to play devil's advocate in a discussion?
    If that's the case, I don't think it's necessarily damaging- it can open up a lot of other avenues to explore the topic more indepth, and ey, learning's always fun. Granted, depending on the delivery, and the people involved, it might be greeted with defensiveness and hostility, but there are ways around that, I s'pose.
    Not necessarily, but that'll likely fall under the same fallacies as the expression of opinions, to those that are unable to cope with not having their belief system reinforced and thus feeling threated, and engaging in friction interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    Opinions are weak. I believe it is wrong for anyone to express anything other than a fact on the internet.
    I would agree if this were an academic settings, which it isn't. Additionally, being able to discuss opposing views, would, in my opinion, be a positive thing with potential for growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    If you can effectively argue the other side of your own beliefs, you probably do understand the issue.
    And if so, then this thread will be either resonating or redundant.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

It's fine to express your opinions online, but what I hate the most is when some people have views they can't argue logically and feel as though they can terminate the argument by stating, "It's my opinion."
    We cast away priceless time in dreams, born of imagination, fed upon illusion, and put to death by reality. - Judy Garland

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

No it's not wrong.

However, using it to bully someone you're genuinely upsetting is wrong.

Other than that, though, no. Speak your mind, even if that means playing devil's advocate.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbringer View Post
    It's fine to express your opinions online, but what I hate the most is when some people have views they can't argue logically and feel as though they can terminate the argument by stating, "It's my opinion."
    Sometimes you can't defend things with logic.

I really like this song:

I cannot defend that with logic.

So logic doesn't even apply in every situation, though I do understand what you mean in some situations, with certain subjects.