• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What qualities make a person heroic?

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
that being said, the most heroic individuals are extraordinary by default and are heroic simply due to their magnetic and inspiring presence.

Don't you have to do, like, something to be heroic? :huh:

Also, just asking... Do you consider yourself to be one of those people? ;)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Don't you have to do, like, something to be heroic? :huh:

Also, just asking... Do you consider yourself to be one of those people? ;)

sort of. heroism is about inspiring people. one can inspire awe and majesty simply with his presence, than he is heroic

Agent Jelly

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
doing something for the overall good of a group of people, or a person.... while also self sacrificing at the same time.

nnanananana BATMAN!

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's my contention that often the hero and the sociopath are simply at opposite ends of the power spectrum. Take away the hero's power and position and he'll often revert to get it back

Ricin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
SEXY
Enneagram
hot
A hero is usually thought of someone who saves the day.
Like a fire fighter, for example.

The idea of someone running into a burning building to save the lives of others is usually seen as heroic. That act places the person in a dangerous position they could've otherwise avoided in order to benefit someone else and save their life.

Me, personally I think a hero is someone willing to take a potential risk in order to help out others.
Like the story of an olympic swimmer who witnessed a bus going into a river. He dove in the icy water and started to pull bodies out of the water back onto the road. Then he'd jump back in and get more. He ended up with permanent damage and said he was upset that he couldn't get them all out.

Or the fictional character zero [from the megaman series]. In Megaman Zero four near the end this piece of dialogue occurs.

Weil: Bwahahaha! Are you even capable of it!? The Reploid hero... Protecting justice and humanity! I am one of those humans you were sworn to protect! Do you have it in you to defeat me!?
Zero: I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero... I have always only fought for the people I believe in. I won't hesitate... If an enemy appears in front of me, I will destroy it!

All the people he fights for call him a hero. He's considered the hero of the story. But he never cared to be called a hero, he's just trying to do what's best for those he believes in. Which, to me is pretty heroic.

He's humble and just some guy trying to do what he can.

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I don't really believe in the idea of someone being completely altruistic - even those who serve for the greater good always receive some sort of benefit from it.

That being said true heroes don't exist.