Thread: Ask a Pagan.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Coriolis..I had no idea

It's grand to hear the perspective of another pagan in this, and I do agree with all you stated. You know, I've always wondered about gatherings, but in Belgium, the few ones I tried were more like festivals with like little shops and I found mostly 'crazy wiccans' as described by Leger earlier on. One of the reasons I started this thread is coz I'm finally somewhat comfortable with my path and well..it gets lonely. As fun and indvidual and personal as it is.. and as much as I'm geared towards the solitary thing, it does get lonely. And along the way, along those many years, there were many times where I wished I had someone to ask if I wasn't going crazy, if I wasn't wishful thinking, and if I wasn't just 'imagining it'. It takes time to grow into it properly, so yeah, I can see the benefit of gathering with like-minded individuals. I had one fellow witch here, but her practices were very different from mine and she was borderline 'crazy-Wiccan-syndrome'.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Can you talk some about the role/purpose/interactions with spirits? Both spirit guides and not. Have you ever personally asked a spirit to save a parking space for you? [That was the first example of spirits that I was exposed to in regards to paganism btw]

If one were to remove all "psychic development" from the playing field, what would really be left? Just an admiration for nature, or more?

Do you know of any pagans who are NOT into the psychic development side of it all?

Is there an ultimate spiritual goal being pursued, say spiritual perfection of the soul or whatnot?

How do you feel about reiki? Other forms of spiritual healing?

How cool are your auras?

How do you feel about men practicing paganism?

Its been addressed already, but its something I've never really understood: what is the point of 'casting spells' again? Or what would be common examples? would saving a parking space be an example? Does one feel that requesting/asserting/whatever such things is somehow violating/overruling/suppressing the desires of others/nature?

Have you ever controlled of influenced the weather?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    Can you talk some about the role/purpose/interactions with spirits? Both spirit guides and not. Have you ever personally asked a spirit to save a parking space for you? [That was the first example of spirits that I was exposed to in regards to paganism btw]

If one were to remove all "psychic development" from the playing field, what would really be left? Just an admiration for nature, or more?

Do you know of any pagans who are NOT into the psychic development side of it all?
    I asked myself the same question for a long time. Little did I know that there were already spirit guides around me at that time. I did have an inexplicable draw towards that topic of research. The spirits I work with are of an elf-like, god-like and animal guide-like type, mostly. I found that the god-ones are often there to a) challenge you with life lessons to be learned to then b) guide you through them, in order to make you grow as a person. Think areas such as Love, Confidence, Facing Fears, etc. The big life questions really.

The elf-like ones are a mystery to me, for the most part. But for instance, most of you are familiar with the concept of a Brownie, I take it, also known in other cultures as a Nisse or Kabouter or domovojchik. It's a house elf (think dobby-like, harry potter). It tends to get pissy when you let the place become a dump and starts deliberately stealing things in order to give you a hint. I'm not the most organized person in the world, and I swear, I've had it happen where I search the place up and down and even my INTJ cannot find it (and that's saying something), and when I then make a little effort to contact the resident house elf, it suddenly magically pops up in a place that's been searched 5 times, I kid you not. They seem to provide the wisdom of 'the devil's in the details' and 'stop taking life so seriously and take a moment to have some fun' for the most part, as well as the 'plz be kind to nature as it is kind to you and could decide not to be' type wisdom.

I find animal-guides to be typically very much relatable. In the sense that they provide you with a mirror. You recognize parts of their inherent animal personality in your own personality, the good..but also the bad. Sometimes they challenge you to wake up a dormant part of you, to learn something new, sometimes they dare you to finetune one of your more crude sides already. Sometimes they quite literally give you a birds eye perspective on how to use a skillset in a different way.

I've heard of people who stick to just observing the seasons and not practice magic at all..but removing all 'psychic development' as you called is is imo impossible. At least in my own practices. It's part of Nature, and thus part of the very thing you're observing. Denying it would be like turning a blind eye. Sure you can abstain from casting spells alltogether, but that doesn't stop you from picking up on the subtle energies of all living things around you, nor from manipulating them, even without conscious spellcasting. To me, seizing all 'psychic development' would be like carving out a piece of who I am. It would mean stop being an NF, actually, as part of my NF nature is to see and touch the energy within other people. It would also cause me to wilt, as I'd miss that connection terribly.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Ne highlights: Law of Attraction, Buddhism, Ego, Self, Quantum ElectroDynamics.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    Ne highlights: Law of Attraction, Buddhism, Ego, Self, Quantum ElectroDynamics.
    I appear to have missed your question.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Quote Originally Posted by Vala Faye View Post
    I appear to have missed your question.
    There was none to miss.

Where is your Ne?
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

There was none to miss.

Where is your Ne?
    It's wondering why you're giving me personal summaries when the op asks for questions.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Quote Originally Posted by Vala Faye View Post
    It's wondering why you're giving me personal summaries when the op asks for questions.
    OIc.

What're your thoughts on the link between what you called summaries (I called it Ne highlights in the sense of connections) in regards to the content debated in this thread? Did they seem dismissive/disruptive/judgemental?

Do you have any insight/lack of data or is your own Ne blocked in regards to establishing links between said highlights and your own field, out of protective urge towards something that you feel to be close and important to you?

There, FTFY.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

OIc.

What're your thoughts on the link between what you called summaries (I called it Ne highlights in the sense of connections) in regards to the content debated in this thread? Did they seem dismissive/disruptive/judgemental?

Do you have any insight/lack of data or is your own Ne blocked in regards to establishing links between said highlights and your own field, out of protective urge towards something that you feel to be close and important to you?

There, FTFY.
    Irrelevant to the OP

I'd like to keep this thread rather clean yes, which is why I'm trying to nudge you to move on already. Feel free to make a separate thread for your observations though.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I've always felt certain appeal for paganism and pagan cultures. But mostly for the mythology and atmosphere they provide. Few years ago I heard that I carry a gene that is very specific for vikings, and ever since I've felt very connected with the norse mythology.

Do you relate with norse or celtic mythologies? They both are very nature oriented and close to what I perceive as wiccan.

And how about satanism? At least to me it sounds like very similar set of values.

Also, do you feel need to hide your beliefs from the public, or have you ever been treated ill for being a pagan?
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla