User Tag List

First 6141516

Thread: Ask a Pagan.

MBTI
    INFJ

The world doesn't revolve around Europe/Greece/Rome and Christianity. There's a whole slew of things in the rest of the world that Christianity didn't get its grubby mitts on.

At least not until later when missionaries became popular...

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    The world doesn't revolve around Europe/Greece/Rome and Christianity. There's a whole slew of things in the rest of the world that Christianity didn't get its grubby mitts on.

At least not until later when missionaries became popular...
    Western Civilization revolves around Ancient Greek philosophy, Judaism, Christianity and the Enlightenment.

Other Civilizations, such as the Hindu Civilization or the Confucian Civilization, revolve around different historical events.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Western Civilization revolves around Ancient Greek philosophy, Judaism, Christianity and the Enlightenment.

Other Civilizations, such as the Hindu Civilization or the Confucian Civilization, revolve around different historical events.
    I know. Just some times I sense an attitude of "oh, they don't count" or even "they're just weird" with people.

Not saying you were doing that but I see it a lot and just kinda wanted to say something about it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Yes, the Christians successfully suppressed pagan Ancient Greek culture right up to the time of the Renaissance. But with the original Bible written in the pagan Ancient Greek language, the ability to read Ancient Greek was retained, leading to the efflorescence of the Renaissance, and leading to the rebirth of pagan Ancient Greek philosophy, democracy and rational science.
    Much of the knowledge that helped to fuel the renaissance came from the Islamic world, in the years of the crusades.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Much of the knowledge that helped to fuel the renaissance came from the Islamic world, in the years of the crusades.
    Unfortunately this is Islamic propaganda with almost no basis in reality. In fact Islam rejects the culture of the pagan Ancient Greeks as being polytheistic and the culture of infidels, only to be destroyed and replaced by Islam under Sharia Law.

And as we derive our culture from the Ancient Greeks, so the same fate awaits us under Islam and Sharia Law via Jihad.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Unfortunately this is Islamic propaganda with almost no basis in reality. In fact Islam rejects the culture of the pagan Ancient Greeks as being polytheistic and the culture of infidels, only to be destroyed and replaced by Islam under Sharia Law.
    I am writing about scientific knowledge, not faith or superstition. The truth of that is easily verified, and well-documented in the historical record. I was curious, though, to see how your personal bias against Islam would skew your response.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I am writing about scientific knowledge, not faith or superstition. The truth of that is easily verified, and well-documented in the historical record. I was curious, though, to see how your personal bias against Islam would skew your response.
    I am not personally biased against Islam. I am a scholar of Islam and helped found and fund the Muslim Students' Society of the Australian National University.

But rather than making a positive contribution, too many members prefer to insult me.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I am not personally biased against Islam. I am a scholar of Islam and helped found and fund the Muslim Students' Society of the Australian National University.

But rather than making a positive contribution, too many members prefer to insult me.
    Then you should know better. You comments on this forum demonstrate a bias against Islam. If you disagree with that observation, then you have not accurately represented your views.