User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Did love stop the Axis Alliance in WW2?

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

^Maybe.

No one likes to marinate in love. It's too mushy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Love is more about resilience amid vulnerability (because you can't love someone with your armor up), while hatred is more about armoring up and launching a full-frontal assault, might makes right.

So hate is very powerful but also acts like a poison, and people recognize that, the more someone hates.
    Love seems weaker but seems to implant itself in new hearts and minds even if it is trampled underfoot.
    As insightful as ever. This is a very clear way of putting it. Love's strength comes from its resilience through sacrifice, whereas hate lacks that quality.
    Everything that I express is simply an opinion with varying levels of support

If I seem like a different type to you, I hereby give you permission to type me however you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    ^Maybe.

No one likes to marinate in love. It's too mushy.
    Ever seen the ads/propaganda used by the Allied forces? There's no love! Just rallying cries to defeat the evil enemy.

But this entire topic of love and hate fascinates me. People believe that love builds and hate tears down. Love = positive and feel good. Hate = negative and draining.

Now let's take this apart. IF social perception was the reverse, would love still be feel good and hate, draining?

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Ever seen the ads/propaganda used by the Allied forces? There's no love! Just rallying cries to defeat the evil enemy.

But this entire topic of love and hate fascinates me. People believe that love builds and hate tears down. Love = positive and feel good. Hate = negative and draining.

Now let's take this apart. IF social perception was the reverse, would love still be feel good and hate, draining?
    Are you looking at it like a rose by another name wouldn't smell so sweet?

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Seeing more love or hate in the world will tell you very little about the world, and a whole lot about the seer.

Both can be extremely powerful forces.

Infact, love and hate go hand in hand for me. Like to hate, really really hate something.. i had to love some aspect of it first. Only a tremendous amount of emotional energy (usually a great love) can be channeled negatively into hate. Otherwise I'm just more apathetic.

Give me any example of hate, and I bet I can link it back to love at some point.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Did love stop the Axis Alliance in WW2?
    I think people are willing to act braver and sacrifice more out of love for the family and home they have known than out of hatred for some faceless enemy. I even think that the hatred of many germans toward the jews at the time was a perversion of the love they had for their own families and the pain they felt seeing their families suffer through hard times.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    Sure. Basically, I'm imagining a line graph, but with the negative alignment being hate and the positive being love, and the center most point (or 0) being a state of complete emotional indifference and apathy. Now as you move further away from zero in either direction cognitively, how the emotion expresses it self outwardly with intensify, yet I don't see either sides having a definite end point in which one can go further than the other, therefore they both have an equal potential for depth being that there's no sort of arbitrary limit. As far as interpersonal dynamics go, I think we just tend to recognize negative emotion(hate) before anything else because of its general presentation. Hate, as it would progress down this line, would be more detrimental to the self and its immediate surroundings than its counterpart of love if placed at equal points, yet they're still actually at equal emotional points on their respective sides, with the only separation between them being the presentation relative to that side.

This is all just on the fly theorizing, by the way, so take it with a grain of salt.
    Very interesting. Great visual aid on what you mean.

Enneagram
    CFV

You can't have love without hate, one proves the other. The strength of either in any given situation is subjective and near impossible to measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Are you looking at it like a rose by another name wouldn't smell so sweet?
    Both are emotions. They're neurobiological reactions to stimuli. So...why would one be draining and the other not?