• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what disturbs you?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
rainbows suggesting i count sheep. doesn't she know they get slaughtered?!

xisnotx

Permabanned
Thoughts disturb me.

The fact that I have them. The fact that other people have them. The fact that I am forced to think of my thoughts as inherently superior. The fact that others are doing the same. The fact that people try to impose their thoughts onto the world. The fact that I have to do the same to survive in society. The fact that we can think about things that we will never actually experience outside of our minds.

We can imagine a million different realities. We can only live one. This disturbs me.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Avoidance of blame or deserved blame misdirected away from self out of a fear of change or consequence.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
- Abuse, assault, and/or murder of children or animals
- Self-harm and masochism
- Horror movie soundtracks (I've had nightmares about them before)
- Mass hysteria and the insane, violent irrationality of crowds
- Loss of self-control
- Nihilism

Chrysanthea

Not being able to overcome these disturbing thoughts. Wait no that's stupid, how could that in any way be disturbing.

Hm.... I'd think that with enough time, I could easily accept these disturbing thoughts and ideas as realities and not become affected by what horrors they hold... Either that or slowly become insane, maybe develop a few mental disorders here and there.

My journey of acceptance will begin in no place other than reddit of course. I must take my submarine and dive deep into its dark, murky waters and reach its farthest depths... wait when did reddit become an ocean? Oh well. Maybe it's cause water disturbs me! :O That's it! I'm disturbed by the ocean and all its hideous sea demons! No offense miss BadOctopus.

Ozzy

MBTI Type
GONE
Enneagram
5/6
I think it boils down to the humanity in each person which disturbs me most.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
-Animal cruelty, sport hunting
-The unpredictability and volatility of mankind
-Diseases(especially the very visible kinds)
-Death (not the passing, but the factor of the living body becoming a shell in the blink of an eye, suddenly lifeless, is bizarre)
-Mutilation
-Certain kinds of bugs and insects(aesthetically disgusting creatures, but still useful)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
that there really is nowhere left to go to fully escape anymore in a sense... we're all numbered cogs and our serial numbers indicate what we deserve to own

people who hate others categorically... why bother hating someone based on their sex, race or something else that they can't control when there are so many good reasons to despise them as individuals? (i.e. those things that they can control, like super bright headlights or a tendency to think that shonda rhimes makes great television) categorical hate is pointless and dehumanizing

corporate culture :thelook:

plants with creepy thick stems and large leaves

people who pretend to care about things just to be polite

also, people who think that they DESERVE things just because, whether it's sex, admiration or better treatment than the others are getting

all of the social type websites and apps, like facebook, twitter, instagram and such... why does anyone think that the world needs to know all of that shit? and what sort of creepy people actually CARE about all of the details of someone else's everyday life? if I want someone to know something I'll call them

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sousa marches and various other triumphant music.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sousa marches and various other triumphant music.

haha. aww.

But Sousa created some great tunes!

I kid. Well, actually I don't dislike Sousa, but I can perfectly understand one who is disturbed by it. :)

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
David Lynch films. *shudder*

Although I did kind of like The Elephant Man. Poor Joseph Merrick. :(

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
David Lynch films. *shudder*

Although I did kind of like The Elephant Man. Poor Joseph Merrick. :(

I admit to being a bit of a Lynch fanboy.

I really liked Elephant Man. Twin Peaks is also pretty cool. Eraserhead was also a very good film, in my opinion. I'd feel fairly weird being one of David Lynch's children and watching that, though.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Eraserhead was also a very good film, in my opinion.
Oh, hell to the no.

Here was my reaction after watching Eraserhead:

nope_zpsbcc14df0.gif

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh, hell to the no.

nope_zpsbcc14df0.gif

I admit it, it's not a movie for everyone. I definitely understand why someone wouldn't like it, though. I appreciated it because it seemed like such a pure slice of someone's brain.... this is a person's unconscious mapped right out onto the screen. It's like surrealism, but in the world of cinema.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh I forgot that there are some horror movies on my "what disturbs you" list. Mostly just "The Human Centipede". But there are some others.

Oh, hell to the no.

nope_zpsbcc14df0.gif
This gif is amazing and [MENTION=2]Ivy[/MENTION] needs to know about it.