• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
^ The way I understand karma... it's more of a "you get what you dish out" kinda thing. It can be good and it can be bad... ultimately it doesn't matter if what you did/got is good or bad, since it all depends on what you see as "good" and "bad" - that's totally up to your interpretation. Hmm... I don't think I've ever associated karma with types of energies. On a little side note, I think "bad" karma can also come in the form of guilt, anxiety etc.

Yeah... to me it's a shorthand concept representing the generally observable pattern that if you start trouble you'll get trouble back: if you orient your life around darkness, you'll receive darkness, but if you bring good to the world you'll get goodness back. It doesn't always happen, but could there be a general pattern? It takes faith to believe in, & sometimes I have it but sometimes not.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not sure if it exists either, but I would be scared to test it!

R

Riva

An offtopic post that some of you might find interesting -All what happens to one is not always a direct result of karma. There are 4 other Niyamas (don't ask for the English word - dammit I didn't study Buddhism in English) that affect one's life -(1) Consequences of one's actions / Karma(2) Seasonal / climate changes (3) Heredity (4) Perseverance (5) Had to google the last one -
Dhamma Niyama - order of the norm, e.g., the natural phenomena occurring at the advent of a Bodhisattva in his last birth. Gravitation and other similar laws of nature.
Point (5) - Perseverance could change certain bad karma affects / improve one's life - Important.
Personally, I think the concept of karma is a crock of shit. The basis for it relies on the assumption that there's some universally objective form of negative and positive(right or wrong), which again, I don't think to be true; Everything is relative and context dependent.
The basis of it doesn't rely on the assumption that there's some universally objective form of right and wrong.It is an action - reaction affect and not a universal judging system.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karma#Buddhismhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pratitya-samutpada
I don't believe in Karma. Bad things happen to good people, good things to bad ones. There is no magical cause-and-effect relationship in the universe. Pol Pot lived to be a very old man. How to explain that?
Karma is not limited to what one does in this life. The concept/theory of Karma goes hand-in-hand with rebirth.

W

WALMART

I do believe in experiential influence.

For example, I once saw a group of old ladies have a blow out right in front of me. I put on my hazards and followed them to the side of the road, where I changed their tire for the spare. During the event, and I cannot recall what, I learned something that was directly applicable later in my day. Had I not stopped, I would have been mentally unprepared for that later challenge.

Doing 'good' things retains positive vibes in the psyche. The typical 'direct-influence' model of Karma is a flawed method of looking at it, likely inspired by vast exposure to Judeo-Christian themes.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You get what you give, what you encourage, what you condone, what you ask for with your actions; no less no more.

mooseantlers

Knobgoblin
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
I believe in karma in a non spiritual sense. Example; I give my friend free cigarettes, chances are when I need to bum some, she'll return the favour.