• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Difficulty Finding a Religion to Belong To

R

Riva

I was simply correcting some (actually all) points you made. I don't know why you sound annoyed.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I suggest buddhism and find the "god" within, instead of trying to find ways to project it onto external world.

Im no buddhist, but i do think that they are closest to the truth. i see god as the archetype of wholeness, not just the wholeness of self, but the wholeness of it all in internal and external world. its the same thing with all enlightment, you become conscious of what earlier was unconscious and was projected. but in my opinion religions where you see god as some external being will never give you true enlightment, thats simply because this enlightment is just actualization and rationalization of the projections. its different with buddhism, where the enlightment means becoming whole, that is coming conscious of the unconscious and seeing it in self instead of projecting it.

There is ofc other ways achieving this "enlightment", developing the undeveloped functions is a good start. jung gives other methods too, like active imagination, dream analysis etc. also reading MBTI wont give you enough understanding on typology to develop self much at all, you need to read and understand jung for that.

So i got 3 suggestions: jung, buddhism or flying spaghetti monster

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Transubstantiation.

I like to consider them transitions. Unless you're referring to Roman Catholic belief, in which case I don't know if Buddhists believe in Jesus's body and blood. Unless you mean Buddha transcending from a physical state, in which case I'll add it in real quick.

Frank

I have had a similar experience. As of late gnosticradio.org has piqued my interest and satisfied my spiritual inclinations. Whether or not that remains the case is yet tbd.

G

Ginkgo

I think Gnosticism has a few flaws:

It is almost exclusively tailored toward introversion. Therefore, it deals with experiences only relevant to the individual. When Jungian analysts congregate, they can hardly ever agree on particular matters because their understanding of his work, psychoanalysis and religion in general is so individual that they become disparaged. I suppose the best way to establish a religion of people like that would be to agree to disagree.

Frank

I agree. From what I can tell so far gnosticism is not really meant as a religion per se but more as an individual system for experiencing spiritual growth and awareness. The areas i have been studying as of late do say that it will be interpreted differently by each individual in accordance with their own development. Also in regards to the introversion their basic premise seems to be "as above so below" meaning that in delving into ourselves and our own spirituality we are also learning the cosmic laws that are irrefutable. Again open to individual interpretation but as I said, currently satisfying my spiritual inclinations.