User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Dont get me wrong I dont mean that in the "build me a statue" kinda way, I mean that people who fear that their existence could just end thru death have no clue how much power and influence they have over others on a daily basis
    That's true. The amount of ripple that one person does during their lifetime must be incredible. It'd be nice if someone could demonstrate this somehow. Like making a simulation of some digital creatures interacting with each other. Then create the same simulation taking one of them away and see what happens. AND, to bring quantum theory back here, if there are particles that are synchronized across the universe, then you could actually create galaxies without even knowing it.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    That's true. The amount of ripple that one person does during their lifetime must be incredible. It'd be nice if someone could demonstrate this somehow. Like making a simulation of some digital creatures interacting with each other. Then create the same simulation taking one of them away and see what happens. AND, to bring quantum theory back here, if there are particles that are synchronized across the universe, then you could actually create galaxies without even knowing it.
    Ya and that would be a real life application. To summarize in vectors so much information would need you to build a supercomputer. You could buildz the quantum computer.

In the end it maybe boils down to a more personal problem of mine. I have fortified and warded off my thoughts against too many ideas and possibilities because when I let the thoughts in and really start thinking about it, they influence my ability to lead a normal life and care for my daily chores so much that I'll prolly start drinking again. Real thing is I like to think about endless possibilities, I like philosophy in fact I love it. But I need stability in my life and if that is on cost of one or too supertheorethical speculative thoughts about the universe that is what it takes. :/
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

In the end it maybe boils down to a more personal problem of mine. I have fortified and warded off my thoughts against too many ideas and possibilities because when I let the thoughts in and really start thinking about it, they influence my ability to lead a normal life and care for my daily chores so much that I'll prolly start drinking again. Real thing is I like to think about endless possibilities, I like philosophy in fact I love it. But I need stability in my life and if that is on cost of one or too supertheorethical speculative thoughts about the universe that is what it takes. :/
    That's quite interesting. My ethical questions can have a similar effect on me. I know that when I focus on what is right, it lessens my capability to function in the real world. This could be a real good way to see whether a person is NF or NT.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

indeed !

Hey invented a wheel by the way in an afterlife thread ! Ne ftw !

What do you do on saturday ? Can I pick you up at 8 and we go eat a pizza ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm pretty familiar with the different symbolisms of death and the different beliefs surround it. Some of them are very poetical, some are very simple and uninspired. It just seems kind of ass backward to invest to much energy into thinking about it while I'm still alive.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Can I pick you up at 8 and we go eat a pizza ?
    Well, as long as we are back by 10am. I'm going to a wedding.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    It just seems kind of ass backward to invest to much energy into thinking about it while I'm still alive.
    Most people live as if they don't know they will die. Why would someone not live an adventure if they think they will die and there is no afterlife? People do some boring shit and then they die. I see no logic in not thinking death at least to get the priorities in order.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Once energy is created, it can not "cease to exist". It transfers, changes form.. but it does not stop. The body itself is energy. Matter=condenced energy. It disintigrates after death and eventually is recycled into a multitude of forms within existence. Your energy will continue to exist once you die.. the question is will your consciousness follow. If consciousness can only exist inside the brain, then probably not. But they are working on a few studies based on a theory that consciousness does indeed exist outside the brain. IF we can prove that consciousness exists outside the brain.. the death concept is only physical. I believe this will eventually be proven.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    Once energy is created, it can not "cease to exist". It transfers, changes form.. but it does not stop. The body itself is energy. Matter=condenced energy. It disintigrates after death and eventually is recycled into a multitude of forms within existence. Your energy will continue to exist once you die.. the question is will your consciousness follow. If consciousness can only exist inside the brain, then probably not. But they are working on a few studies based on a theory that consciousness does indeed exist outside the brain. IF we can prove that consciousness exists outside the brain.. the odds look much better =D
    I believe this, except, I'm not sure what happens to that energy. Any multiple things can happen. We have a few guesses, but I'm not sure if we've even found the correct answer yet. Or maybe there are many possibilities.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    But they are working on a few studies based on a theory that consciousness does indeed exist outside the brain. IF we can prove that consciousness exists outside the brain.. the death concept is only physical. I believe this will eventually be proven.
    Perhaps we'll find out before they do.