First 567

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

Quote Originally Posted by jwn86 View Post
    The Bible is about one thing and one thing only: Jesus Christ. ... ultimately, everything in the Bible is about Jesus.
    It's quite amazing how you think you can answer questions about Christianity if you get even the basics wrong.
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    It's quite amazing how you think you can answer questions about Christianity if you get even the basics wrong.
    Perhaps you misunderstood his perspective. Jesus is the 'big picture' analysis of the Bible, when reading it from beginning to end. Jesus is not only the main man, he's the main message (salvation for mankind). It's also true to say that the even bigger picture analysis of the Bible is the revelation of God's plan for time and space. As far as I understand, both ideas are true and accurate interpretations of the Bible's purpose.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Perhaps you misunderstood his perspective. Jesus is the 'big picture' analysis of the Bible, when reading it from beginning to end. Jesus is not only the main man, he's the main message (salvation for mankind). It's also true to say that the even bigger picture analysis of the Bible is the revelation of God's plan for time and space. As far as I understand, both ideas are true and accurate interpretations of the Bible's purpose.
    The post I referred to reveals a highly idiosyncratic, although probably fairly common, conception of the Bible, and it was stated as a fact, not an opinion, although it clearly is but one perspective among many, one which has been debated for century, if not millenia - and one which I do not share. Most of all, that way in which it was stated is what got me going.

I think that reducing the Bible to Jesus is, to put it mildly, a gross oversimplification of the Bible and of Christianity. I think for a 'big picture', we need all three - Father, Son, Holy Spirit (which actually raises a question: What exactly is the Holy Spirit? Of all three, this one is the hardes for me to understand).

I think this picture illustrates it quite nicely:

Without Christ, there would be no Christinanity - but there is a whole lot more to Christianity than Jesus alone.
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Yes, christianity has the trinity, which are the three things mentioned above. And the bilbe isnt about that only, there are a lot of others stories, like John the Baptist, the exodus with Mose or the Apocalypse.

The Holy Ghost I understand better when translated to german. Ghost refers there not only to ghosts you could be afraid of at midnight, but it means thought. So loosely translated it says 'The Holy Thought' and it refers to people believing in God. So I understand this that the trinity is God, his son and your belief in the two.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]