User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Zang View Post
    blah blah, there is no truth, activated subscription to postmodern nihilism, can't prove we're even having this exchange right now. so why am I even replying? o,o
    There's a chance that you are replying, and that's the truth. There is always a chance, it's completely comprehendable that a plane could crash through your roof right now, but what are the chances? We can always have hope that something is true, and act according to the probability that we generate without thinking.

So, is there a chance that there's a god out there? Sure. Now all that matters is whether you think that chance is high or low, or even if it is low, that you have hope and act how you believe. A lot of people don't see the probability as a high one, and don't have hope that a god exists, other people believe that there is a high chance and act accordingly by praying, and abiding by the word of god and having faith. Science is just a tool that deals with universally accepted data that has a sufficient probability of being correct, you can't discern whether god exists or not because there's no evidence for or against. So, like he said, nobody has the authority to definitively say that god exists or not, but since we still have to act and the only truth is that there's a chance, we must analyze that chance and any consequences, which is entirely subjective.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    Why do WE "got to"?
    Because, otherwise, we'll be talking in different languages, and fail to understand one another. This may lead to an incomplete or incorrect judgment of the other person's opinion, and that would be disrespectful toward them.

Hide what? The finely tuned cosmos argument is what its known as, why do you have to refer to the argument in metaphor and not in name.
    Hide the argument. I asked for an argument that would show that the x which you believe to be god is a sympathetic creator, so I hoped you had more and something more original to offer than the fine-tuned universe argument, which, if accepted, would account not only for the fine-tuned beauty but also for the fine-tuned horror within the universe.

If you do not construct a condescending turn of phrase, do you shrivel up and die?
    No.

I'm not using this argument to serve as proof of existence, I'm using it serve as God's affinity or connection to his complex manifestations, or life, within creation.
    It can be taken as an argument for god's sympathy, although, as that, it obviously fails.

You have yet to answer the other question: Why is your supernatural cause a god?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Hide the argument. I asked for an argument that would show that the x which you believe to be god is a sympathetic creator, so I hoped you had more and something more original to offer than the fine-tuned universe argument, which, if accepted, would account not only for the fine-tuned beauty but also for the fine-tuned horror within the universe.

No.

It can be taken as an argument for god's sympathy, although, as that, it obviously fails.

You have yet to answer the other question: Why is your supernatural cause a god?
    Because nothing else could truly be supernatural. A supernatural-big bang is oxymoronical and would require yet another cause. This all relates to the argument I linked you too, I will post the link again in the hopes your reading ability improves; http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1575759
    Escape powerful genjitsu by averting your gaze from the eyes.

Sniffles

Arguing against the first cause being referred to as "god" is more semantics than anything else.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Because nothing else could truly be supernatural. A supernatural-big bang is oxymoronical and would require yet another cause. This all relates to the argument I linked you too, I will post the link again in the hopes your reading ability improves; http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1575759
    What's not supernatural about there being nothing?
    5 3 9

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Because, otherwise, we'll be talking in different languages, and fail to understand one another. This may lead to an incomplete or incorrect judgment of the other person's opinion, and that would be disrespectful toward them.
    What are the different languages you speak of?

Why is it disrespectful to make an incorrect judgment?
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

You do understand that this is further begging the question, right? You're essentially arguing that your supernatural cause is a god, because only a god would be truly supernatural. The only means of accepting the latter premise is to accept what is essentially an arbitrary assertion.

Your post does not answer the question why a supernatural being can be without cause and a supernatural big bang cannot.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    What are the different languages you speak of?
    Just as language depends on agreed phonemic premises of meaning to ensure mutual understanding, so too does philosophic conversation depend on mutually agreed premises to prevent parties from discussing entirely different topics while couched in seemingly comprehensible words.

Why is it disrespectful to make an incorrect judgment?
    It is disrespectful because at that point, one is ascribing beliefs or conclusions to a person that the person does not have. One assumes to know more about the other's beliefs than the other person does, which is both extremely arrogant and disrespectful of that person's ability to come to reasonable conclusions.