• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How to make the world a better place, your suggestions

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Eugenics, capital punishment for all violent offenses, a one world authoritarian state, and legalizing weed.

one of these things is not like the other... but at least we agree on something, i guess.

i don't understand how you smoke weed and are the way you are though.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
capital punishment for all violent offenses

Sounds rather extreme. What about all the more minor violent offenses out there? You really want to kill someone every time someone slaps someone in the face or spanks a child? Because technically those are violent. Yes, violence is violence and should be punished (except when necessitated by self-defense) but the punishment should not be worse than the damage caused by the offense itself.

Upping Perch's thorazine.

:rofl1:

Some other ideas for changes:

*Improve the educational system. Too much emphasis is placed on whether or not students can pass some standardized test. Students are taught that education is all about grades and passing tests. Where is the curiosity and desire to learn instilled? Encourage more independent thinking and creativity in the classroom rather than just rote memorization.

*More and better public transportation options. It would be greener and think about all the money people could save by not having to depend on cars so much.

*Universal health care for the United States. The USA is one of the few developed countries to not have this in place. An already poor person gets diagnosed with a health condition that necessitates medical care and they just fall deeper in the hole through no fault of their own.

*More job opportunities and less bureaucracy in the workplace. More fair hiring practices. All too often hiring decisions are made because someone happens to know the right person. Alot of very talented people out there are not getting jobs that match their skill level.

*Legalize marijuana. If you're not going to legalize it, at least soften the sentence for those caught with it. Putting them in jail is ridiculous. Marijuana smokers are only harming themselves, not others.

*More healthy eating options that are also quick and convenient. For those who don't like to cook much, have more healthy options available when eating out and have smaller portion sizes.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Eugenics, capital punishment for all violent offenses, a one world authoritarian state, and legalizing weed.

hmmm...maybe we should not make the same mistake we made with Adolf Hitler, and kill you now, before you grow up into a powerful, and evil tyrant.

You're going to use the legalization of weed to win the hearts of the people. I just know it.

Lark

You are totally uneducated about the topic. Not one reputable study has shown any link between smoking marijuana and brain damage. In the information age, such ignorance is inexcusable and would warrant the death penalty in my hypothetical world state.

I think you're evidence enough of my point.

G

Ginkgo

Try to make the world heaven, turn it into a living hell.

*cue prayer of serenity*

A

Anew Leaf

We could do worse than taking Oz as a role model.

For Oz is not only the sixth most affluent country in the world but is also the sixth, oldest, continuous democracy.

Oz settled one whole Continent and half of another without killing anyone.

And Oz gained her independence without a violent revolution and united six sovereign States without a violent civil war.

Oz was a founding member of the United Nations and one of the first leaders. And Oz helped write the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

And Oz is also is a migrant society and a peaceful multicultural society.

Oz is a model, modern society based on the Scottish and English Enlightenment.

Oz is the way to go.

More importantly.... they have really nice accents.

LEGERdeMAIN

I really don't think legalizing marijuana is going to make the world a better place. Maybe more people will have lower expectations and not experience quite as much anxiety once their pipe dreams blow up, is that what you mean by a better world?

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yes legalize it! Marijuana is like a fine tea ;). It can be quite calming and relaxing. Some people only think it's "bad" because of all that BS propaganda from back in the day. Do some good research before demonizing it!

A

Anew Leaf

How to make the world a better place.
By Saturned.

1- Give everyone a mammalian pet.
2- Give everyone their own island.
3- Give everyone an art project.
4- Colonize Antarctica.
5- DWS*WD.

* The "S" stands for Saturned.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd create a place where everybody can do their own thing. I'd establish a country for the independent individualists, then another for the community oriented types. The relaxed people can run their countries and the aggresives can form armies and war with each other. How's that for Utopia?

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
Sounds rather extreme. What about all the more minor violent offenses out there? You really want to kill someone every time someone slaps someone in the face or spanks a child? Because technically those are violent. Yes, violence is violence and should be punished (except when necessitated by self-defense) but the punishment should not be worse than the damage caused by the offense itself.

:rofl1:

Some other ideas for changes:

*Improve the educational system. Too much emphasis is placed on whether or not students can pass some standardized test. Students are taught that education is all about grades and passing tests. Where is the curiosity and desire to learn instilled? Encourage more independent thinking and creativity in the classroom rather than just rote memorization.

*More and better public transportation options. It would be greener and think about all the money people could save by not having to depend on cars so much.

*Universal health care for the United States. The USA is one of the few developed countries to not have this in place. An already poor person gets diagnosed with a health condition that necessitates medical care and they just fall deeper in the hole through no fault of their own.

*More job opportunities and less bureaucracy in the workplace. More fair hiring practices. All too often hiring decisions are made because someone happens to know the right person. Alot of very talented people out there are not getting jobs that match their skill level.

*Legalize marijuana. If you're not going to legalize it, at least soften the sentence for those caught with it. Putting them in jail is ridiculous. Marijuana smokers are only harming themselves, not others.

*More healthy eating options that are also quick and convenient. For those who don't like to cook much, have more healthy options available when eating out and have smaller portion sizes.

By "violent crime" I mean violent felonies. Meaning assault, battery, rape, etc.

Mole

Permabanned
Yes legalize it lol :) I dont know why it is ilegal anyways..
what is marijuana:
mar·i·jua·na or mar·i·hua·na (mār'ə-wä'nə)
n.
The cannabis plant.

A preparation made from the dried flower clusters and leaves of the cannabis plant, usually smoked or eaten to induce euphoria.

so weed makes you happy lol
weed makes everything better, makes food taste better, makes sex feel better, makes everything more interesting i think LOL
but then again like with anything too much of anything is bad, so use it in moderation lol :) cuz if you smoke too much you will eat everything in your house and pass out lmao!

We now have solid evidence that cannabis precipitates schizophrenia in some users.

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
The funny thing is that we don't think we have a nice accent.

I think we have a nice accent, well at least those of us who don't have a fake accent like Ms Gillard. But maybe that is because I lived overseas for several years when I was very young and therefore became attuned to the difference.

As for making the world a better place, how about we stop dealing with politics in a disconnected sense? Politics is about people, not convoluted legislative bills and a vote every few years (that is practically worthless in a large country like the USA).

A

Anew Leaf

The funny thing is that we don't think we have a nice accent.

Truth. I had an Australian customer call me one day...

Me: I can't help myself... I LOVE YOUR ACCENT.
Customer: I LOVE *YOUR* ACCENT!
Me: ?!?!?!

Sigh.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
“Obviously this is what I personally aspire to. I don't always get it right. Also I am or can be a realist. I will defend myself, but I will use the least amount of energy/force/act necessary. A PATH / A KEY / A WAY are, is, is to follow the golden rule by:

Do not think negative thoughts, but deal with the situation rationally.
Do not speak with negative energy. It is a reflection of you & not the other.

Do not act negatively, but react realistically with the proper restraint even if negative energy is directed at you. Now we influence each other with positive or negative energy.

In this universe for every action there is an equal reaction. So the natural tendency is to repay negative energy with more negative energy. This feels very good and we feel self- righteous about it. After all the other is in the wrong and not us!

In our mind the other is blind and does evil, immoral, wrong words or actions. But the key is that it is irrelevant to one's path. The key is that being negative in even the slightest is a true reflection of self and not the other. The other's path is their destiny.

Perhaps they were sent here to test our mettle in the face of crisis or misfortunes. Now this next part coming is partly from cognitive behavior principles.

A key is that if we have a negative emotion, we are ruled by a distortion. The external even triggered:

A. What is in us waiting to come to the surface in a testing moment.
B. Triggered or own unfinished childhood issues and emotions
C. We are reacting in a lesser manner.
We are reacting against ghosts from the past that this moment has triggered so that we can grow and move on to the path of self-actualization. That is if we choose the higher road and

We need endeavor to act maturely and with restraint. If I hurt you, I hurt myself, perhaps not noticeably, but I missed an opportunity for growth. If we do not sink to the others level. Perhaps it will take longer for them on the path of life to mature, reflect, and with insight grow. If we think, speak, or act in a negative manner then the opportunity is lost.

The message is lost, but it will undoubtedly reappear until you learn the lesson about you. This moment in space and time was brought together for you to learn this valuable lesson of self, in order to grow and actualize.

Do not throw this precious moment away by reacting with your baser instincts. Reach, grow, become. Reach for this inner learning. Grow with this wisdom and become what you were meant to be.” LightSun

“A philosophy which I've as choice took as my life journey is and has its roots in: Jesus teaching peace, Buddhism, as well the cognitive theory in a psychology orientation, these are primary; but it happens be my insight as well much knowledge which i have thus assimilated. I am fully aware, philosophy can and possesses some change. Each ladder on a progression to an enlightening state purchase more wisdom; loving nature and on it goes.” LightSun

Mole

Permabanned
We now know how to make the world a better place and that is with plural democracy and the free market. China has discovered the free market and is yet to discover plural democracy, while Islam has yet to discover plural democracy and the free market.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Disenfranchise ALL insurance companies.
They add no value, and the amount of cash flow released into society upon their extinction would be more than enough to blaze past any recession and/or recovery.

:angry:

-Halla

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Have some worldwide, natural catastrophe comparable to the Black Death, erasing about half the world's 6.7 billion population.

Think of the potential.