User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Sounds rather extreme. What about all the more minor violent offenses out there? You really want to kill someone every time someone slaps someone in the face or spanks a child? Because technically those are violent. Yes, violence is violence and should be punished (except when necessitated by self-defense) but the punishment should not be worse than the damage caused by the offense itself.

Some other ideas for changes:

*Improve the educational system. Too much emphasis is placed on whether or not students can pass some standardized test. Students are taught that education is all about grades and passing tests. Where is the curiosity and desire to learn instilled? Encourage more independent thinking and creativity in the classroom rather than just rote memorization.

*More and better public transportation options. It would be greener and think about all the money people could save by not having to depend on cars so much.

*Universal health care for the United States. The USA is one of the few developed countries to not have this in place. An already poor person gets diagnosed with a health condition that necessitates medical care and they just fall deeper in the hole through no fault of their own.

*More job opportunities and less bureaucracy in the workplace. More fair hiring practices. All too often hiring decisions are made because someone happens to know the right person. Alot of very talented people out there are not getting jobs that match their skill level.

*Legalize marijuana. If you're not going to legalize it, at least soften the sentence for those caught with it. Putting them in jail is ridiculous. Marijuana smokers are only harming themselves, not others.

*More healthy eating options that are also quick and convenient. For those who don't like to cook much, have more healthy options available when eating out and have smaller portion sizes.
    By "violent crime" I mean violent felonies. Meaning assault, battery, rape, etc.
    “Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions.” - G. K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    More importantly.... they have really nice accents.
    The funny thing is that we don't think we have a nice accent.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
    Yes legalize it lol I dont know why it is ilegal anyways..
    what is marijuana:
    mar·i·jua·na or mar·i·hua·na (mār'ə-wä'nə)
    n.
    The cannabis plant.

A preparation made from the dried flower clusters and leaves of the cannabis plant, usually smoked or eaten to induce euphoria.

so weed makes you happy lol
    weed makes everything better, makes food taste better, makes sex feel better, makes everything more interesting i think LOL
    but then again like with anything too much of anything is bad, so use it in moderation lol cuz if you smoke too much you will eat everything in your house and pass out lmao!
    We now have solid evidence that cannabis precipitates schizophrenia in some users.

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I think we have a nice accent, well at least those of us who don't have a fake accent like Ms Gillard. But maybe that is because I lived overseas for several years when I was very young and therefore became attuned to the difference.

As for making the world a better place, how about we stop dealing with politics in a disconnected sense? Politics is about people, not convoluted legislative bills and a vote every few years (that is practically worthless in a large country like the USA).

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Truth. I had an Australian customer call me one day...

Me: I can't help myself... I LOVE YOUR ACCENT.
    Customer: I LOVE *YOUR* ACCENT!
    Me: ?!?!?!

Sigh.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

“Obviously this is what I personally aspire to. I don't always get it right. Also I am or can be a realist. I will defend myself, but I will use the least amount of energy/force/act necessary. A PATH / A KEY / A WAY are, is, is to follow the golden rule by:

Do not think negative thoughts, but deal with the situation rationally.
    Do not speak with negative energy. It is a reflection of you & not the other.

Do not act negatively, but react realistically with the proper restraint even if negative energy is directed at you. Now we influence each other with positive or negative energy.

In this universe for every action there is an equal reaction. So the natural tendency is to repay negative energy with more negative energy. This feels very good and we feel self- righteous about it. After all the other is in the wrong and not us!

In our mind the other is blind and does evil, immoral, wrong words or actions. But the key is that it is irrelevant to one's path. The key is that being negative in even the slightest is a true reflection of self and not the other. The other's path is their destiny.

Perhaps they were sent here to test our mettle in the face of crisis or misfortunes. Now this next part coming is partly from cognitive behavior principles.

A key is that if we have a negative emotion, we are ruled by a distortion. The external even triggered:

A. What is in us waiting to come to the surface in a testing moment.
    B. Triggered or own unfinished childhood issues and emotions
    C. We are reacting in a lesser manner.
    We are reacting against ghosts from the past that this moment has triggered so that we can grow and move on to the path of self-actualization. That is if we choose the higher road and

We need endeavor to act maturely and with restraint. If I hurt you, I hurt myself, perhaps not noticeably, but I missed an opportunity for growth. If we do not sink to the others level. Perhaps it will take longer for them on the path of life to mature, reflect, and with insight grow. If we think, speak, or act in a negative manner then the opportunity is lost.

The message is lost, but it will undoubtedly reappear until you learn the lesson about you. This moment in space and time was brought together for you to learn this valuable lesson of self, in order to grow and actualize.

Do not throw this precious moment away by reacting with your baser instincts. Reach, grow, become. Reach for this inner learning. Grow with this wisdom and become what you were meant to be.” LightSun

“A philosophy which I've as choice took as my life journey is and has its roots in: Jesus teaching peace, Buddhism, as well the cognitive theory in a psychology orientation, these are primary; but it happens be my insight as well much knowledge which i have thus assimilated. I am fully aware, philosophy can and possesses some change. Each ladder on a progression to an enlightening state purchase more wisdom; loving nature and on it goes.” LightSun

MBTI
    INTP

Incarcerate or execute those who don't know how to live.

We now know how to make the world a better place and that is with plural democracy and the free market. China has discovered the free market and is yet to discover plural democracy, while Islam has yet to discover plural democracy and the free market.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Disenfranchise ALL insurance companies.
    They add no value, and the amount of cash flow released into society upon their extinction would be more than enough to blaze past any recession and/or recovery.

-Halla
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Have some worldwide, natural catastrophe comparable to the Black Death, erasing about half the world's 6.7 billion population.

Think of the potential.

thinking of you