User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How to make the world a better place, your suggestions

4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Perch420 View Post
    Eugenics, capital punishment for all violent offenses, a one world authoritarian state, and legalizing weed.
    one of these things is not like the other... but at least we agree on something, i guess.

i don't understand how you smoke weed and are the way you are though.

Honor Thy Inferior Array Such Irony's Avatar
    5w6 sp/so
    LII Ne

capital punishment for all violent offenses
    Sounds rather extreme. What about all the more minor violent offenses out there? You really want to kill someone every time someone slaps someone in the face or spanks a child? Because technically those are violent. Yes, violence is violence and should be punished (except when necessitated by self-defense) but the punishment should not be worse than the damage caused by the offense itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Upping Perch's thorazine.

Some other ideas for changes:

*Improve the educational system. Too much emphasis is placed on whether or not students can pass some standardized test. Students are taught that education is all about grades and passing tests. Where is the curiosity and desire to learn instilled? Encourage more independent thinking and creativity in the classroom rather than just rote memorization.

*More and better public transportation options. It would be greener and think about all the money people could save by not having to depend on cars so much.

*Universal health care for the United States. The USA is one of the few developed countries to not have this in place. An already poor person gets diagnosed with a health condition that necessitates medical care and they just fall deeper in the hole through no fault of their own.

*More job opportunities and less bureaucracy in the workplace. More fair hiring practices. All too often hiring decisions are made because someone happens to know the right person. Alot of very talented people out there are not getting jobs that match their skill level.

*Legalize marijuana. If you're not going to legalize it, at least soften the sentence for those caught with it. Putting them in jail is ridiculous. Marijuana smokers are only harming themselves, not others.

*More healthy eating options that are also quick and convenient. For those who don't like to cook much, have more healthy options available when eating out and have smaller portion sizes.
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Neutral Good

Eugenics, capital punishment for all violent offenses, a one world authoritarian state, and legalizing weed.

hmmm...maybe we should not make the same mistake we made with Adolf Hitler, and kill you now, before you grow up into a powerful, and evil tyrant.

You're going to use the legalization of weed to win the hearts of the people. I just know it.

You are totally uneducated about the topic. Not one reputable study has shown any link between smoking marijuana and brain damage. In the information age, such ignorance is inexcusable and would warrant the death penalty in my hypothetical world state.
    I think you're evidence enough of my point.

Try to make the world heaven, turn it into a living hell.

*cue prayer of serenity*

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    We could do worse than taking Oz as a role model.

For Oz is not only the sixth most affluent country in the world but is also the sixth, oldest, continuous democracy.

Oz settled one whole Continent and half of another without killing anyone.

And Oz gained her independence without a violent revolution and united six sovereign States without a violent civil war.

Oz was a founding member of the United Nations and one of the first leaders. And Oz helped write the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

And Oz is also is a migrant society and a peaceful multicultural society.

Oz is a model, modern society based on the Scottish and English Enlightenment.

Oz is the way to go.
    More importantly.... they have really nice accents.

I really don't think legalizing marijuana is going to make the world a better place. Maybe more people will have lower expectations and not experience quite as much anxiety once their pipe dreams blow up, is that what you mean by a better world?
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Yes legalize it! Marijuana is like a fine tea . It can be quite calming and relaxing. Some people only think it's "bad" because of all that BS propaganda from back in the day. Do some good research before demonizing it!
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

Anew Leaf

How to make the world a better place.
    By Saturned.

1- Give everyone a mammalian pet.
    2- Give everyone their own island.
    3- Give everyone an art project.
    4- Colonize Antarctica.
    5- DWS*WD.

* The "S" stands for Saturned.

4w5 sp/sx

I'd create a place where everybody can do their own thing. I'd establish a country for the independent individualists, then another for the community oriented types. The relaxed people can run their countries and the aggresives can form armies and war with each other. How's that for Utopia?