Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Default The Philosophy Forums?

Anyone else on there? I recently made a new account there (had an old one with 30some post several months ago, but decided to start fresh after being inactive from the site) and now when I try to go to the site, it says account suspended and I can't veiw anything on there.

I don't suppose anyone could check to see what's up with my account?

In addition, to keep this from being a dead thread, let's discuss general ethics of forum rules and bannings; heavily totalitarian sites vs. anarchy hell holes like 4chan, etc.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Probably got banned for being a dupe.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I forget, is having another account there an offense? I don't think it is, and I made the second account because I also forgot the password to my other one. Either way, I think it's horribly unfair that I could get banned so easily for that, not even know why, and not even be able to view the forums at all.

Although, if there website and it's members is that strict and stupid then maybe it wasn't the place for me.

I thought I had been banned from philosophy forums to and it nearly ruined my day.

But it turns out that it is the whole forum that has had its account suspended.

Hope this helps xxxx

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Oh ok then, thanks.

EDIT: welcome to the forums

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Oh ok then, thanks.

EDIT: welcome to the forums
    Hiya thanks!

I was going through reasons why I might have been banned like you and its funny what comes up even though it was a fictional situation.

So I suppose the main point should be don't take forums to seriously. They are important but not the end of the world.

I need someone to drum that into me anyway.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

True, I didn't frequent the forums that much to care, where as site like this one are basically a second home to me. Although if the site is malfunctioning in such a way that the suspended message is coming up for everyone, that would be kinda odd. But if they're that ban happy then they're certainly not the type of people I want to associate with.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

A long while ago when I used to frequent HSP sites, there was a mass banning at one of the forums that arose just after the Aimoo site collasped. Yes, Drama central.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi, I stumbled across this thread - and consequently this site - after looking into what was happening with philosophyforums after finding the same suspended message. My typical haunt was quiet so I was looking around different sites and found the same issue there as you have, it appears that the owner/s haven't paid their hosting bill or have breached the T&C's. My curiosity led to a Google search with one of the results leading here. Regardless, I wouldn't take it personally and I'm thankful to have found this site, in the few minutes I've been here I can say I am already enjoying my visit. Great site with community features and a wonderfully witty - albeit automated - message from Ivy, I'm still chuckling.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Huh, I guess it really is the site then. Man though, with TypeC recently being down and now the philosophy forums, sites not working is so annoying. :/