• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Philosophy Forums?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Anyone else on there? I recently made a new account there (had an old one with 30some post several months ago, but decided to start fresh after being inactive from the site) and now when I try to go to the site, it says account suspended and I can't veiw anything on there.

I don't suppose anyone could check to see what's up with my account?

In addition, to keep this from being a dead thread, let's discuss general ethics of forum rules and bannings; heavily totalitarian sites vs. anarchy hell holes like 4chan, etc.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I forget, is having another account there an offense? I don't think it is, and I made the second account because I also forgot the password to my other one. Either way, I think it's horribly unfair that I could get banned so easily for that, not even know why, and not even be able to view the forums at all.

Although, if there website and it's members is that strict and stupid then maybe it wasn't the place for me.

parsonstreet

I thought I had been banned from philosophy forums to and it nearly ruined my day.

But it turns out that it is the whole forum that has had its account suspended.

Hope this helps xxxx :blush:

parsonstreet

Oh ok then, thanks. :)

EDIT: welcome to the forums :hi:

Hiya thanks!

I was going through reasons why I might have been banned like you and its funny what comes up even though it was a fictional situation.

So I suppose the main point should be don't take forums to seriously. They are important but not the end of the world.

I need someone to drum that into me anyway.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
True, I didn't frequent the forums that much to care, where as site like this one are basically a second home to me. Although if the site is malfunctioning in such a way that the suspended message is coming up for everyone, that would be kinda odd. But if they're that ban happy then they're certainly not the type of people I want to associate with. :yes:

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A long while ago when I used to frequent HSP sites, there was a mass banning at one of the forums that arose just after the Aimoo site collasped. Yes, Drama central.

Jordaπ

Hi, I stumbled across this thread - and consequently this site - after looking into what was happening with philosophyforums after finding the same suspended message. My typical haunt was quiet so I was looking around different sites and found the same issue there as you have, it appears that the owner/s haven't paid their hosting bill or have breached the T&C's. My curiosity led to a Google search with one of the results leading here. Regardless, I wouldn't take it personally and I'm thankful to have found this site, in the few minutes I've been here I can say I am already enjoying my visit. Great site with community features and a wonderfully witty - albeit automated - message from Ivy, I'm still chuckling.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Huh, I guess it really is the site then. Man though, with TypeC recently being down and now the philosophy forums, sites not working is so annoying. :/

Jordaπ

Twitter was being twitchy for a while too, I think they paid their bill though. I seem to have joined at the right time :¬)