13 52.00%
  • No

12 48.00%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5sp

Okay, I reread the question. You say "beginning now", so I wouldn't be me, would I? My family wouldn't be the same. I wouldn't be born in the same decade and grow up with the same influences. I'd just be a completely different person. So, it is like reincarnation. I can't say that I would do it, not even if I retained my current knowledge. For one thing, I might be born into really crap circumstances. What if I was ugly or stupid or just whatever worse off than I am now? That'd make me feel like a real champ... Anyway, I'm too young to just throw in the towel and want to start over. If I'm 75 and life still really sucks, I might change my mind then.
    And I really feel that even if I was brought back to 1985, same everything, without my memories, life would turn out no different. How else would I know what to do differently?
    Last edited by Mae; 05-05-2011 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Felt like it.
    I got my smile from the sunshine,
    I got my tears from the rain.
    I learned to dance when I saw a tiger prance,
    And a peacock taught me to be vain.
    A little owl in a tree so high,
    He taught me how to wink my eye.
    I learned to bill and coo from a turtledove,
    And a grizzly bear taught me how to hug.
    But the guy that lived two caves from me,
    He taught me how to love.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    No. To start it again would be to negate the positives that have happened as well. Can't and wouldn't do it.
    ^This.

And:

The negatives have created me into me as well. If I had a choice to go back and do it over, I would rather choose to move forward into whatever is next around the bend in the road.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I dont think I would like reincarnation but you know what I'd like, what I'd really, really, really like would groundhog day, I'd totally love to be living the same day over and over like that with the opportunity to learn new skills, live without consequences etc.
    Couldn't that have the potential though to become incredibly boring .. Don't get me wrong, i can see the advantages but the chance to progress in one sense wouldn't be there.

If you died which partaking in Groundhog day .. Would you still come back the following day? Hmmmm Lol
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Couldn't that have the potential though to become incredibly boring .. Don't get me wrong, i can see the advantages but the chance to progress in one sense wouldn't be there.

If you died which partaking in Groundhog day .. Would you still come back the following day? Hmmmm Lol
    Yea I would be breaking into houses and stealing stuff and robbing banks. Only to wake up the next day and realize that I had nothing.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

If by reliving you mean not retaining memories and knowledge and doing things they way I did previously, then yes, I would.

ThatGirl

Only if I could retain the knowledge I have now, or somhow died and actually ended up in hell.....other than that what a horrifying thought.....

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Not this one.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3

I've thought about this a lot, and I do think I would do it. if I started out with a clean slate, didn't know anything about the world, was just a normal baby growing up, I don't think I would give it a shot, but if I held the same knowledge, then I would.

The problem I get to is wondering if things would have turned out any worse than they are now. I made so many mistakes as a child, and as a teen, and I wonder if given another chance they would be better. But if I don't have any knowledge, how would it be any different? There were so many points where my life was so close to going wrong, I would be slightly afraid they would go completely wrong. But at the same time, if I had the knowledge that I have now, I would have done better in school, and tried not to be such an ass.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

no, but ask me again when I'm dying... I might change my answer
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post

Yeah, the guy thinks he's a god at one point because he's committed suicide in every possible way and still wakes up in bed the next day at the same time each time he dies.

It wouldnt be limiting for me, although its me, not for everyone I guess