• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Would You Relive Life?

Would You?

• Yes

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters

Mae

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5sp
Okay, I reread the question. You say "beginning now", so I wouldn't be me, would I? My family wouldn't be the same. I wouldn't be born in the same decade and grow up with the same influences. I'd just be a completely different person. So, it is like reincarnation. I can't say that I would do it, not even if I retained my current knowledge. For one thing, I might be born into really crap circumstances. What if I was ugly or stupid or just whatever worse off than I am now? That'd make me feel like a real champ... Anyway, I'm too young to just throw in the towel and want to start over. If I'm 75 and life still really sucks, I might change my mind then.
And I really feel that even if I was brought back to 1985, same everything, without my memories, life would turn out no different. How else would I know what to do differently?

Last edited:
A

Anew Leaf

No. To start it again would be to negate the positives that have happened as well. Can't and wouldn't do it.

^This.

And:

The negatives have created me into me as well. If I had a choice to go back and do it over, I would rather choose to move forward into whatever is next around the bend in the road.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I dont think I would like reincarnation but you know what I'd like, what I'd really, really, really like would groundhog day, I'd totally love to be living the same day over and over like that with the opportunity to learn new skills, live without consequences etc.

Couldn't that have the potential though to become incredibly boring .. Don't get me wrong, i can see the advantages but the chance to progress in one sense wouldn't be there.

If you died which partaking in Groundhog day .. Would you still come back the following day? Hmmmm :) Lol

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Couldn't that have the potential though to become incredibly boring .. Don't get me wrong, i can see the advantages but the chance to progress in one sense wouldn't be there.

If you died which partaking in Groundhog day .. Would you still come back the following day? Hmmmm :) Lol

Yea I would be breaking into houses and stealing stuff and robbing banks. Only to wake up the next day and realize that I had nothing. :(

VeniVidiVici

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
If by reliving you mean not retaining memories and knowledge and doing things they way I did previously, then yes, I would.

T

ThatGirl

Only if I could retain the knowledge I have now, or somhow died and actually ended up in hell.....other than that what a horrifying thought.....

Kriash

Resident Apple Hoarder
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
I've thought about this a lot, and I do think I would do it. if I started out with a clean slate, didn't know anything about the world, was just a normal baby growing up, I don't think I would give it a shot, but if I held the same knowledge, then I would.

The problem I get to is wondering if things would have turned out any worse than they are now. I made so many mistakes as a child, and as a teen, and I wonder if given another chance they would be better. But if I don't have any knowledge, how would it be any different? There were so many points where my life was so close to going wrong, I would be slightly afraid they would go completely wrong. But at the same time, if I had the knowledge that I have now, I would have done better in school, and tried not to be such an ass.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
no, but ask me again when I'm dying... I might change my answer :)

Lark

Yeah, the guy thinks he's a god at one point because he's committed suicide in every possible way and still wakes up in bed the next day at the same time each time he dies.

It wouldnt be limiting for me, although its me, not for everyone I guess :D

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Yes. But I can't help but have the sinking feeling that it would come out exactly the same.

Yes.
There are a great many things that I would do differently. Better.

Both of these apply to me. Would I? Yes. I've let a lot of things pass me by that I shouldn't have, and while most of my choices seemed like good, respectable decisions at the time, they haven't really taken me where I'd choose to be.

This does sort of assume that I could have some sort of influence on "born-again-me" to steer myself away from (or more aptly, *to*) certain choices in a small number of pivotal points in my life. Wouldn't have to retain full memory, just provide a few nudges here and there. That would probably do it -- or perhaps just change some things for the better, and some for the worse :D. But a chance? Yeah, I'd take it.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
yeah, i'd definitely come back, but only on the premise that i'd be the flamiest, holiest gay man on whichever side of the mississippi i'd materialize. the time's ripe. typologee central, repreresent!

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Our whole cells structures replenish after some 7 years how on earth can we not relive life anew?
We are reliving life...until we learn from our mirrors and charges in this time frame our consciousness shall subdivide and forget to relive our lives as much as the spirit requests. Its a personal journey at the behest of prime expression of being. I find this question puzzling, feels you are referring to memories, and there again we are living memories from cell expression as we expand into ourselves some more from experience.